Author Topic: When to feed Solids, BF and Bottle in 7 mo  (Read 1068 times)

Offline dschetz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Soren
When to feed Solids, BF and Bottle in 7 mo
« on: December 09, 2012, 19:14:10 pm »
Hi!  My question is about how to fit in solids, breast and bottle into EASY.  When my 7 mo old wakes at 7 am, I usually breastfeed him.  Then an hour later I offer solids for breakfast.  I thought I had read this in BW, to do solids later in the morning.  So I am wondering if that is ok and then how do I do the other feedings of the day?  Should I only feed at 7 am, 11 am, 3 pm and 7 pm?  If so, do I feed solids and breast or bottle at that time?  Is it ok to feed other times or is that too often?  How do you know when to offer solids vs. liquids at a feeding?  I'm slightly confused and can't seem to find a straight answer in the BW book.  I also am not sure how to tell if my baby is hungry, so that's part of the problem, too! 

Thanks,
Dionne

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: When to feed Solids, BF and Bottle in 7 mo
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 21:21:10 pm »
Hi,

I think at 7 months old you are right to be BFing at 7, 11, 3 and 7. Solids fit in about an hour later (depedning on naps of course!) so would be 8, 12 and 4-5ish which seem to fit in nicely with meal times (I don't rememebr it being quite so straight forward with Olly though!  ;))

HTH