Author Topic: Is it really so terrible to feed DS in front of the TV?  (Read 3983 times)

Offline Hedgehog17

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 71
Re: Is it really so terrible to feed DS in front of the TV?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 14:06:38 pm »
Thanks ladies  :-*

I really can't help worrying  :'(

We avoid the local HVs as they are useless, and there's only 1 good GP at our practice who I can't get to see - the system doesn't allow me to book ahead as every time I try they always say there's no appointments available  :( Instead I have to keep trying to get through between 8 and 8.30am for an appointment on the day with whoever is prepared to see us  >:(

As there is no continuity there is no point in taking him to see a different person each time  ::)

At least DS is peeing, pooping, sleeping well, has energy and is bright and happy, so I guess he's getting enough nutrition to be ok, if not to grow  :-\

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 16:55:03 pm »
We avoid the local HVs as they are useless
Might be worth checking out if the hv's r still the same people if you havent been for a while. Like you, i'd avoided mine as hadnt found them to be too helpful when o was little, but i bit the bullet & went the other week & was pleasantly surprised 2 find a new hv who was incredibly helpful & had experience of dealing with 'fussy eaters'. She is coming out 2 our house 2 talk properly about it in the new year. All i am saying is the may be more helpful than u expect.x

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 16:59:02 pm »
Ps that thread i mentioned is 'ds & eating' on the preschoolers & kindergarteners board, sorry cant do link on my phone. Mashi has some really helpful advice.x

Offline Hedgehog17

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 17:59:01 pm »
Might be worth checking out if the hv's r still the same people if you havent been for a while. Like you, i'd avoided mine as hadnt found them to be too helpful when o was little, but i bit the bullet & went the other week & was pleasantly surprised 2 find a new hv who was incredibly helpful & had experience of dealing with 'fussy eaters'.

That's awesome Claire  :D I'm waiting for the chief HV to retire - she's the worst and the rest all defer to her constantly  ::) She was responsible for stressing me out totally about DS when he was a tiny baby with her unhelpful comments and nasty remarks, to the point I was crying every time after seeing her  :'( >:(

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 18:40:43 pm »
At the risk of going wildly off topic, I was also going to suggest shopping around for a new GP. We used to go to a surgery exactly like you describe, last year I moved us to a different Drs office, it is much smaller, there are only four GPs, the booking system means you can specify first available appointment or first available with a particular Dr - the receptionists are nice, and friendly: it's just a totally different experience than the last GPs office we went to.

Anyway, ((hugs))

Offline Hedgehog17

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 18:44:14 pm »
Thanks Anna  :-*

They are changing the rules in our PCT so hopefully I'll have that option soon  :) Currently you have to register with whichever surgery you are in the catchment for, but after the change we will be free to register at any surgery  :D

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 18:49:06 pm »
We have the catchment thing too, but they overlap somewhat. Roll on the new regime, the old way used to make me so crazy.