Author Topic: Nursing to poop?  (Read 928 times)

Offline Kellyshe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: January 02, 2013, 11:47:04 am »
My LO seems to struggle with pooping. She is EBF and on Zantac but her last dose is administered almos 12 hour prio to her pooping in the morning.

The poos are always quite explosive in the morning and require a complete change I'd clothes.  She just seems to struggle to get it out (and its pretty loose stool).

Is this normal at 14 weeks?

(Poos are usually green....a bit of mucous....started an ED a week ago).

Offline lsaggers

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 14:44:13 pm »
I have been reading up alot on green poop, as my LO also has the majority of green poops.  There is a lot of conflicting advice out there, from "it's totally normal", to "contact you midwife or ped immediately". I believe that the green poop has to do with the the amount of foremilk and hindmilk your baby is getting. If she is only getting foremilk, and not enough hindmilk, you will probably see the green poop.  But they also say that if your baby is wetting enough diapers and gaining enough weight, to not worry. However my midwife stresses that i feed for at least 15 minutes on one breast before switching.  My problem is getting her to eat past 10 minutes! I have been trying the "block feeds" for the past couple of days, and it seems to be working part time, although i still see some green poop.  Im not sure if the reflux meds have anything to do with the BM's.  Talk to ur HP. Hope it works out for you!!

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Nursing to poop?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 10:19:23 am »
In your case though the green poops sound like they may be associated with an allergy or intolerance since it comes with mucous. Hopefully the ED will work over the next few weeks.

Feeding stimulates elimination (body knows more food is coming so it needs to clear out) so it is very common to poop during or after BFing yes.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 19:26:10 pm »
Is the mucous a long running thing or something new at the moment?
*** Amanda ***

Offline Kellyshe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 20:23:52 pm »
for a while now.  I'm on an ED.  Going to see a pediatric GI tomorrow.  I have a diaper from today that I'm taking with me to the appt.

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 20:27:19 pm »
Sounds like a good plan
*** Amanda ***