Author Topic: Burping hell - pls help  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Ev0411

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: January 07, 2013, 12:35:42 pm »
3am feeding. Fed for 30mins. Went well could not get a burp out even though clearly she needed to. I gave up 20mins later so she threw basically everything back up. Awesome. It's 4.30. I just changed the soaking wet swaddle and she's ravenous do we r starting again. With any luck she'll be asleep at 5.30, and then up at 6.30-6.45 for the day. Ugggh!!! She's 8 weeks old. Any help with burping positioning etc much appreciated. This happens too often! Otherwise our EASY is getting better and better...

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: Burping hell - pls help
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 12:45:16 pm »
Hugs.  Getting the nf burps up is hard! 

ZacsMumme had sent me a link that gives steps for burping.  I couldn't find the exact same one but this one has the same instructions.
http://tvnz.co.nz/content/2854946/2527449.xhtml

Also you can try giving Ovol drops (simethacone).  I gave this before the feed and dd was able to bring up the air without any issues.

HTH

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 14:47:24 pm »
Those are good methods for winding.  Just bearing in mind that you have a LO who can end up being sick when they've got wind, I'd personally avoid lying them down until you've got a burp out.  You could try the 'rocking' method that they explain, but without lying baby across your knees - that worked well for my DS.

And just to clarify, the Baby Whisperer that they refer to in the article isn't Tracy Hogg (who wrote the books that this website supports), it is someone else calling themselves a baby whisperer :)
*** Amanda ***

Offline PaulsMom

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 15:45:55 pm »
I found that sitting her upright, with her chin resting on one hand worked the best but its hard to do once they are bigger and if your hands are small (ie. it's hard to get the right pressure on their tummy to bring up the air). 

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 03:26:21 am »
The sitting upright always worked for us too.  Also, gentle rubbing on their backs, lower down, right behind their tummies seemed to work best for us.