Author Topic: 2 month old barely eating during the day  (Read 1189 times)

Offline butrfly462

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 10, 2013, 22:34:31 pm »
DS is now two months old and was ebf for 6 weeks and now we eff...he has reflux and we just upped his dosage Monday to 1ml twice a day.  He took really well to the bottle and was downing 4-5oz every three hours.  The past two weeks he has only been taking 2-3 oz during the day, and at his dream feed and two night feelings he takes 4-5 oz.  I'm scared he's going to start thinking night time is mealtime!  I also was thinking maybe there are too many distractions for him during the day when he's eating, but hes typically got his eyes locked on me during feedings and there aren't that many distractions!  I'm not sure what to do to resolve this and to get him back to eating more during the day.  Any thoughts?  Should I space his feedings out a little more?  Not worry about it?  He's gaining weight and a happy boy, usually napping well. 

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: 2 month old barely eating during the day
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 22:38:39 pm »
Is he eating every 3 hrs?  I wouldn't expect a longer time between feeds to help much at this wee age... most don't really start to increase space between feeds until closer to 3/3.5 months of age.

That said, I would give the meds increase a bit of time... it does sound like he might be refluxing a bit right now if he is feeding better at night when he is super relaxed. 

Maybe try his feeds in his room in the dark/only dim lighting to keep it nice and calm?

Offline butrfly462

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 2 month old barely eating during the day
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 02:32:29 am »
Great idea!  Thanks!