Author Topic: 15wk old biting and pulling  (Read 964 times)

Offline Me.and.my.two.boys

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
  • Me and my boys ❤️
15wk old biting and pulling
« on: January 17, 2013, 20:53:57 pm »
Yesterday and today, C has started biting me and pulling his head away. I'm not really sure what to do? He seems to do it more on one side!
Kelly, mum of two amazing boys 2008 and 2012

Offline PaulsMom

Re: 15wk old biting and pulling
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 00:03:29 am »
Does he do this at the start of a feed or at the end?  My dd sometimes does the same.  At the beginning of the feed, I think she is trying to control the flow during let down.  At the end, I think she's playing around.  At the beginning of a feed, she often bobs off so I'll re latch her.  If its at the end of a feed, I will take her off and burp her and then see if she will latch again. 

Offline Me.and.my.two.boys

• Me and my boys ❤️
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 10:30:41 am »
Thanks :) he's been doing it on the side that has a slower let down so I don't think he's trying to control it but he does seem very distracted recently so maybe he is just playing around. I took him away and he screamed! If he does it today at the end I will take him off, burp him and try on the other side.

He's at the age where he is distracted by everything just now! He constantly pulls off to have a look around and then goes back on himself. He even does it when there's no one else around and no tv on!
Kelly, mum of two amazing boys 2008 and 2012

Offline PaulsMom

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 13:34:32 pm »
Oh, yes the age when they get distracted......  They turn their head and try to take your nipple with them  ::).

If you think your letdown is slow, you can try some compressions to help things along.  Otherwise, I think it's just a phase they go through (multi tasking while eating).  They learn soon enough that its easier to be efficient about eating and then they get play time  :) rather than going both at the same time  ;).