Author Topic: 10 month old- help needed!!!  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Elvisking

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 26, 2013, 17:48:54 pm »
Hi, thanks for reading!
  I have a 10 mth old little girl- angel!! We are doing great- but, think that I am guilty of causing bad habits!!! If we feed her at 7:30/8- she'll wake at 3/4 am hungry. If we dream feed her at 11- she goes until 6/7 am!! Now, I know at 10months- we shouldn't be dream feeding, and we definitely shouldn't be up in the night feeding  so... Any advice welcome! She eats 3 good meals a day & has 3x6oz bottles a day- so she shouldn't really be hungry. Here is a typical day

7:45 up
8:15 breakfast- porridge, toast, water
11:00 6oz & bed
11:45 up
12:15 lunch- eg: omelette, fruit & yoghurt
3:00 6oz & bed
4:30 up
5:00 dinner-eg: spag Bol, fruit & dessert
7:30 6 oz & bed

She also has little snacks & sometimes has porridge at 7! Is it a case of going in & trying to make her self soothe? She goes to sleep day/night by herself- no issues, but I'm afraid as we've got into the habit of feeding in the night- it's going to be a big task?

Any more info needed- please just ask! I would really like to sort this- I go back to work in a month:(
Many thanks x

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 10 month old- help needed!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 18:58:56 pm »
She is on the low end of milk for her age, betweem 6 months and 1 year the recs are a minimum of 20oz, most babies are still taking 24+oz - I would increase her bottles by 2oz and see if that helps. The fats and nutrients in her milk are more filling than in the solids she eats at this age.

Is she feeding to sleep when she has the bottle before sleep? The BW way is to feed on waking so there is no connection with milk and sleep, it could be that she is waking and isn't totally hungry but is used to having a full tummy to get to sleep so needs the feed.

My DD's routine at this age was

6.30 wake and bottle
7.30/8 breakfast
9.30/10 nap
12 lunch
2.15/ 2.30 bottle and nap
4.30/5 tea
6-7 bath, bottle and bed

This is a fairly common bottle and solids pattern.

HTH!

Laura

Offline Elvisking

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 20:44:00 pm »
Aaahhh- I didn't think of that. That sounds ideal. Do you think I could just try that tomorrow- or should I introduce it gradually ( feeding when waking & not feeding to sleep)

Her daily milk is 18oz but then 7/8 at te dream feed- so really she has more at the 24oz (forgot about the dream feed)

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: 10 month old- help needed!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 22:52:51 pm »
Does she actually feed to sleep or is she awake when you are putting her down?

My DD was on the same routine as Laura posted above... two of the three feeds are before sleep at this age (nap and BT) but the trick is to be sure they still go into bed awake... so do the feed 10-15 mins before the sleep time... or just be sure to wake bubs up if they doze off during the feed.

I would also bump her milk feeds to 8 ozs each and stop the night feed.. If you start the day with doing 8 ozs bottles during the day and she takes all 3 of them, you could try and resettle without anything in the night (offer water if you like).

Hope this helps!