Author Topic: LO making themselves gag/vomit  (Read 1491 times)

Offline mycatmonet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
LO making themselves gag/vomit
« on: February 04, 2013, 02:24:39 am »
help! DD is nearly 15mths. At meal times or if i mention having dinner she will put her hand in her mouth so far back she gags, and has vomited if we don't stop her. Can't take eyes off her for 5 seconds or she'll do it.
She's getting molars, is this teething behaviour? She's an ok eater and does this no matter what the food is. No issues with textures that i am aware of so far!
Or should i get her checked by the dr?
Anyone had btdt with their LO??

Offline roseola

• Showing Appreciation 32
Re: LO making themselves gag/vomit
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 02:33:02 am »
My guys went through this. I think it could definetly be linked to teething, but he also did it because he kind of got a kick out of it.  I tried my best not to make a big deal out of it, and when he got upset by the gagging I explained it because he putting his hand down his throat, a reflex
Nini

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 02:47:35 am »
DD dd this too, and I just saw my friends 2 year old do it the other day.  DD tended to do it when she was frustrated....all I ever did was remove her hand from her mouth when I saw it, and made very little comment or reaction (even though inside it worried me!)...and she stopped after a couple of months.  (((hugs)))  Not a favorite stage of mine.....second only to when she started grinding her teeth!!!!!  YIKES!!!!!!!!!

Offline mycatmonet

• Showing Appreciation 23
Re: LO making themselves gag/vomit
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 03:02:57 am »
thanks ladies. I might just have to put up with it then. Good to know it's not abnormal!
Teeth grinding! Dh does that in his sleep, it's awful. DD does it for fun, hope that stops soon!