Author Topic: please help! nobody helps me in my country about sleep.  (Read 604 times)

Offline foreignmom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
please help! nobody helps me in my country about sleep.
« on: February 05, 2013, 14:19:27 pm »
Hi! I'm writing from abroad, so excuse me if my English isn't good.Noone in my country has heard of a solution to sleep problems.According to them parenthood means lack of sleep, and without sacrifice you can't be a real mom.They say we all lived these things when we had a baby and this is destiny.I don't believe sleep problems is a destiny so I read Tracy's books and tried to apply.But its so hard with noone helps me around.
 I was successful around 3 months, my baby would sleep though the night with a dreamfeed.But then her sleep became worse and worse day by day.Now she is 7 months and 1 week, couple of times at night and sometimes don't sleep back like 2 hours.Most days she has an early waking too.I'm trying to drop the catnap but it's very hard because my baby has always been a short napper.I try to extend her naps by going at the 30 min.and patting if it doesn't work, turning on the white noise machine and if it doesn't work swaying.Sometimes I can extend like 1hour 15 min sometimes 1 hour and half.Sometimes I can't extend and she fully wakes at 30 min. If I don't intervene she always wakes up at 30-45 mins.Also she eats very little.This was yesterday:
  07~ wake up and feed 4 ozs
  08:00 breakfast (very little like 2 table spoons)
  10 :00 sleep 1 hour 7 min ( I managed to extend)
  11:15  feed
  12: lunch (very little like 2 table spoons)
 14:30  sleep 1 hour 15 min
  16:00 feed
  17:00 dinner(very little like 2 table spoons)
  19:00 sleep
   19:40 wake up resettled with pacifier
   21:45 wake up resettled with a feed 2 ozs
  03:30 wake up feed 2 ozs didn't resettle until 5 she was up 1.5 hours
 05:00 restled with 2 ozs more
06:30 wake up
please help me because I have noone to help me here  :'(

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: please help! nobody helps me in my country about sleep.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 15:01:08 pm »
{{hugs}} and welcome to BW! 

I see you have posted twice, so I am going to lock this one and link it to your other thread so we can keep all the info in one place and help it be consistent. 

*Please follow this link to help this mom!*
please help me! nobody helps me in my country about sleep.

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months