Author Topic: Please help with 10 mth old schedule  (Read 1004 times)

Offline lizziecalle

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 29, 2013, 00:48:10 am »
I plan on moving her first nap back a bit and not letting her sleep as long but the not going to sleep is what is exhausting. I have a medical condition and really need to get as much sleep at night as I can.
This is our schedule:
E: 6am bottle
    7 solids- have to leave by 7:45 to bring son to school
S:9-10:30
E: 10:30 bottle
    11:30 solids
S:1:30-2:45 have to leave at 2:45 to pick up son
E: 3:30 bottle
    5 solids
     6:15 bottle then bed

All of a sudden she is waking up at 5, not wanting to take a nap and not wanting to go to bed.
Her new thing is that she stands up in her bed and bangs on the wall.
I have been going in her room to do pu/pd when she cries. I try to stay there and put my hand on her back but sometimes it seems to annoy her. I'm not sure if I should stay in the room away from her crib so I can do pu/pd again when she stands up and cries or if I should leave the room.
Tonight, I had to do pu/pd for 30 min (she was extra fussy from having 2 short naps). Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Please help with 10 mth old schedule
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 16:00:17 pm »
Hi, only have a second to post right now but will be back.  Have you read this? 10/11 month old sleep gone wonky? Read this first!

Any teething at the moment? Is she an independent sleeper normally?

Can you tell us how you are doing PUPD?  At this age it is usually just PD with no picking up....

Offline lizziecalle

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 23:48:22 pm »
Her two top teeth are about to pop they the skin (they are taking forever).

Before this week, she wan an independent sleeper.
This week, I go in her room when she starts really crying (she is also standing up) and I lay her back down and tell her that it's time to go to sleep. Then I sit in a chair across the room, not looking at her and put her down again when she stands. This has been taking 30 minutes.
I will try to do put down and then leave the room.

Thanks so much!!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Please help with 10 mth old schedule
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 12:47:22 pm »
Are you medicating for teeth?  The top two were really rough for us here and LOs will find it hard to settle if they are in pain. 

Is it just BT you are having trouble with or is it naps as well?  Did you read the link I posted?

Generally I would not advise tweaking the routine too much if discomfort is an issue - it may be that things settle down again once the teeth are through :)