Author Topic: I think I'm feeding my girls too much!!!  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Kriskell

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 09, 2013, 00:01:07 am »
Hi all.  My girls are 9mths, they're BF and on 3 decent solid feeds a day.  My problem is that they have just stared waking earlier in the night for a BF and they are starving!! Its probably the best feed they have all day (no Big Brother running around)!!!!  At the moment they are feeding every 4hrs closer to 3 at the end of the day with bfast, lunch and dinner in there as well. Sooooo they are still having 5 BF a day.  Should I try cutting back and if so how???  Should I try longer between each BF?  Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

~Carly~

Re: I think I'm feeding my girls too much!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 00:08:07 am »
Congrats on breast feeding twins for 8 months! Well done!  I don't have any real advice, but both my boys seemed to pick up a session around that age, and dropped it later.  I think that maybe the increased mobility demanded more calories :)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 01:13:01 am »
Are you just getting the 1 night feed?  If so, I'd say you're entirely within normal limits.  2 out of my 3 were having a night feed at that age and loads of other babies are as well. 

Offline Kriskell

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 06:25:32 am »
Maybe it is due to more activity...  It's just that they EAT ALL THE TIME!!  Is there a GS around this age?? I don't know.  I guess I was just hoping for some miracle advice so we can get some longer periods of sleep!!

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 08:19:35 am »
You say the NF is the best feed they get?  I found with my DD2 she really dropped her milk intake about 8-9months and started waking more at night. Was a combination of not getting enough milk in the day and too much solids. I really concentrated on getting her to take better milk feeds and it did help. That being said I think we did still have one NF for sure.

And wow on BFing twins. AMAZING!!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 03:27:44 am »
What does your day/night look like?