Author Topic: 5:30 am nf, questions!!!!  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
5:30 am nf, questions!!!!
« on: April 09, 2013, 15:37:48 pm »
Hi everyone!! So my DD is 13 weeks and twice now in 3 days she has slept right through until 5:30!! Needless to say im a happy Mummy!!  ;D
Im just a bit confused as how to continue, the first night i fed her and put her straight back down, she didn't go back to sleep but she wasn't crying so i left her till 7 which is when we usually feed her but then i didn't know what time to feed her or how long to keep her awake!!??? I fed her at 7:30 but not without a lot of should I shouldn't I,didnt know if i should have waited the full 3 hrs,but she would never have stayed awake!!
Now, last night she woke at 5:45 i fed her, put her down and she got herself back to sleep and woke up on her own at 7:15, i fed her again at 7:30 and she ate quite well.
I've been treating any feed before 7 as a nf, keep it dark,put her straight down again etc,
do i keep the 7 wake up?
 If she is asleep after the 5:30 feed should i wake her or let her sleep? Is that still classed as night time sleep? 
Should i be giving her a full feed at 5:30/5:45?
Should i be trying to to hold her off until later?
Im quite happy at the moment to let her set the pace here, it doesn't bother me i would just like to know what the best approach would be and if anyone was in the same situation and what you did??

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 5:30 am nf, questions!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:35:49 am »
I did what you did and treated it as a night feed -- at this age you're going to have some back and forttheory the feeds -- you'll probably find that she will need them at different times of the night as growth spurts come and go.  If she's taking a full feed at both times, you can continue that.  You can also try doing a smaller feed at 5:30 and see if she'll still go back to sleep.  If you have been waking her, I'd continue that -- I generally let mine sleep until they woke on their own so I generally didn't wake them at any set time, regardless of night wakings,

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 11:07:35 am »
Thanks Erin! And yep, last night she woke at 3 am so there is no consistency but it is nice to know that she CAN go that long!! Lets see what tonight brings!!  :)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 03:13:35 am »
Definitely the age for inconsistency!  Good luck!

Offline fairypk

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 09:19:31 am »
Hi Georgena,

I am in the same boat as you! My DS is 10 weeks and has a similar wake up pattern! But I tried to eliminate 530 feed and push till 645 in the hopes he would sleep till 8 or 830! Last week he started to only take 2 oz (as opposed to 4 oz) at 4/5 so then i stopped feeding him at that time and put pacifier into his mouth to let him sleep. This morning I gave him 2 oz only but he woke up before 7 and started stirring around 6 am.

I am just as confused as you! I do a DF around 1020

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 13:00:36 pm »
Its definatlely a confussing time, if its not one thing its another!! DD is 15 weeks now and is now waking every 2/3 hours at night!! Im really hoping its a growth spurt as im feeding her each time and really worried im enforcing bad habits ???she has never taken a paci and i dont want to sush/pat to then just feed her anyway, that seems mean  :( also shes only sleeping max 1 hour naps so im really running on empty!! Please let this pass soon!!!

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 12:40:14 pm »
Hi honey- how are things going now?
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 14:47:06 pm »
Hi! Well, lets see,... She has given me 2 weeks of,hell is a bit harsh, lets say she is testing me!!! Its a good job she is so cute!! She is still waking twice at night but feeding well at both, think i just need to come to terms with the fact that her only waking once has passed for now!! Im slowly getting her naps on track, shes still waking after 45 mins but she is getting easier to settle, there is light!! And true to form,someone just woke up!! But yes, things are fine, good days and bad, its nice to have support on here!  :)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 03:08:34 am »
Great to hear :)