Author Topic: night wakings for 8 month old  (Read 1355 times)

Offline fedex02

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 18, 2013, 23:16:22 pm »
Hello bw group!
here's my schedule, do you mind helping out?  My dd is awesome during naps, but bed time varies daily plus night wakings changes from one day to the next.

9 am - wake and drink 5 oz
10 am - breakfast
11:45 am - nap
1:15 pm - wake and drink 5 oz
4:45 pm - nap
6:15 pm - wake and drink 5-6 oz (boob)
7:15 pm - dinner
8:15 pm - bath and bedtime ritual
9 pm - boob and bed

Some days she'll go to bed between 9-11 pm, then she'll want to feed between 3-6 hours.  Should I up her intake during the day or start a 3rd solid meal at lunch? 
Thanks in advance!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: night wakings for 8 month old
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 02:21:00 am »
Hi there!  Your schedule looks pretty good for her age -- what is she doing at those night wakings?  Is she interested in eating and going right back to sleep or is she awake and wanting to play?  Is it just one waking a night or is it a bunch of them?  Is she falling asleep independently? 

Offline fedex02

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 18:45:23 pm »
Hi!

She usually wakes up 6 hours later from her last feeding, so around 3-5 am.  She feeds again and most of time if awake for about 1-2 hours trying to put herself to sleep.  She'll make noise and if she cries we pick her to get her drowsy again.  The biggest problem I have is she'll stay up for 4-6 hours at the evening, wearing herself out from exhaustion.  It's so wierd b/c the minute she yawns for her naps, we just have to put her in her crib and she falls asleep within 5-10 minutes.  I would love if she got 13+ hours of sleep but she's been avearaging 11-12, sometimes 10 a day. 

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 01:09:49 am »
The biggest problem I have is she'll stay up for 4-6 hours at the evening, wearing herself out from exhaustion.
So is she awake and refusing to go to bed from when her second nap ends around 6:15 until 10-12 at night? 

It's so wierd b/c the minute she yawns for her naps, we just have to put her in her crib and she falls asleep within 5-10 minutes. 
It could be that she needs some more A time despite this -- the yawning can be a little unreliable as they get older.  They can yawn for lots of reasons, not just tiredness.  She might just need a change of scenery. 

Offline fedex02

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 12:58:45 pm »
What is the rangle of activity time?  She goes from 2:45 to 3 hours, should I push it longer during the day?

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 01:36:13 am »
There's some info on that here: Average A times and "Is my baby ready to increase A time?"

You could try extending it a little bit to see if it helps.