Author Topic: NW hunger????? please help  (Read 1139 times)

Offline pinkladyangel

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
NW hunger????? please help
« on: April 22, 2013, 08:37:37 am »
Hi all again lol.
For a while now my lo has been waking early. He wakes between 3 & 4 and i'm pretty convinced its hunger. Just need more opinions. A few weeks ago he was waking early from pm nap. I stretched A time and gradually was ok again. A few nights later he was waking every hour from  about half two am. I kept replugging but he kept waking. In the end i fed him and hey presto he went back to sleep until 7. He then came down with a cold. He ket getting frustrated as he wanted his dummy but had blocked nose. I decided that we should lose dummy a and is in proportion for his length. Do i carry on with nf or persevere with him being sick. nd go cold turkey. Daytime naps were fine. Nightime got better after a day or too. My dilemma now is that my hv says not to give nf anymore and to up his solids in the day. I've done this but he's now being sick quite a lot. I genuinly think that his tummy cant hold enough to sustain him through the night bless him. He's a big boy for his age (7 mths) and weighs 21lb. He's not fat

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: NW hunger????? please help
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 17:51:11 pm »
I would honestly go with your gut on this one and just feed him.  He sounds hungry - all that up and down in the middle of the night usually meant hunger for us.  My ds (also a big boy!) needed a feed at that age as well.  :) 

Offline nevinsmama

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 18:00:28 pm »
Hi there, just jumping in to say that both my DD and DS had NF's at this age. I think a lot of LOs do, infact my DD just turned 1 and we still have a NF and in time we will cut it out but right now I just don't worry about it. From your post he sounds hungry so I would just go ahead and feed him, then both of you can get back to sleep!:)

Maryn

[/url]

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 18:23:35 pm »
Yep, also agreeing!  My DS was big as well, probably about the same (20lb at 6mo) and still had a NF (or two ;)) at that age.  If you think it's hunger, feed him and if it turns into a habitual feed, you can gently work to get rid of it. 

Offline pinkladyangel

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 18:27:42 pm »
Thank you so much for your replies. Everytime i go to get my lo weighed they tell me i'm to change something and when i do it upskittles him and we all end up tired and stressed. I dont know why i listen to them sometimes  ??? You guys are so much more helpful. I'm not even a first time mum lol. Feels like it sometimes though as my dd was textbook/angel baby but my ds is a very spirited baby lol. He likes to let everybody know exactly what he wants hehe.

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 18:51:16 pm »
Everytime i go to get my lo weighed they tell me i'm to change something and when i do it upskittles him and we all end up tired and stressed. I dont know why i listen to them sometimes  ???
Because they think he weighs too much? ??? >:(  It's hard not to listen to them, because they're 'supposed' to be right, yk?  But, I've found lots of times, they give an answer to the 'average' child, not necessarily my unique child.

(((Hugs))), trust your gut.  You know him best! 

And FWIW, my DD is only part spirited and I'm always surprised out how different things are with my very textbook DS. ;)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 18:56:33 pm »
HUGS...another one who has big boys who needed NF. Well a NF settled them and they had a full feed so I NW only assume they need/ed it.

:-* your doing amazing
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 23:01:36 pm by ZacsMumme »
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Buttonbobs

• Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 22:44:57 pm »
Keep reading your child, you're doing a fab job! My larger than average Dd needed a DF until 11 months and then now if she's been unwell (particularly with a cold which makes her thirsty) she'll ask for milk at night. She's 18 months and I haven't refused her feeds occasionally. But at 8.5 months with those signs I think you're right to feed.

The HV's had me in a spin at times with advice which is well meant, but not right for my LO.
~ Naomi ~