Author Topic: DF & night waking questions  (Read 1317 times)

Offline fairypk

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 24, 2013, 06:06:24 am »
Hi,

I have been DF my DS for about 2 weeks now (he is almost 11 weeks). He will stir around 4-5am, initially I would feed him then but then he would only take 2 oz so I stopped doing that and putting pacifier into his moouth and re-swaddling him.

I start DF of 4 oz around 1020 and sometimes it takes us 20-30 minutes to finish, is that normal? Am I doing something wrong with that?

Also if his DF finishes at 11pm what time should he have his next feed? Should I wait it out till 7am?

Thanks

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: DF & night waking questions
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 13:08:32 pm »
Hi!! Im not the best of help, as you already know but at 11 weeks i would say he still needs a night feed,
Is he on breast milk or formula? I know it takes BF babies longer to go through the night than formula fed babies but im no expert! Hopefully someone with a bit more experience will give you some advice! Just wanted to give some support!  :)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 02:34:37 am »
How long does it take him to eat during the day?  Some babies eat much more slowly when they're sleepy.
When you say you were resettling him instead of feeding, was all it taking to put the paci in and he'll go back to sleep and stay asleep?  Like pp said, it wouldn't be unusual for him to have a night feed at this point.

Offline fairypk

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 06:45:19 am »
Hi Everyone,

Last night he slept well and I fed him around 5ish, instead of the usual 4 oz I made 3 oz and he had about 2.5oz. But he still woke up at 730 or so I thought he would push through till 8am but he didn;t considerig he slept at 9/930 pm. I didn't push him to have anymore. He usually has full feeds of 3-4 oz during the day. The DF is also of 4 oz and he takes the first 2-2.5 oz in a few minutes and the rest he kind of drags on. I try and make sure that during the DF he has at least 3 to 3.5 oz.

Offline fairypk

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 06:46:19 am »
Also he is exclusively FF.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 03:04:56 am »
So what does the rest of your day look like in terms of
E
A
S?

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 03:07:09 am »
Actually, just noticed you've got another post on night wakings about the same issue (11 weeks - DF and still waking up at night) , so I will lock this one and look there for any other info, thanks!