Author Topic: Huge progress with sleep training but re hard to conquer 9 mth old  (Read 1394 times)

Offline welie

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Liam 's mum.reflux on losec
I have started sleep training one week ago when his reflux is well controlled. He has never been a good sleeper before but with a combination of tummy rubbing and pupd, he has managed to do 8-9 .5 hours sleep at night, he is able to settle himself back to sleep around 12pm to 1amand with 30 min pupd, habitual wk at 3:30 am is gone. Instead, he wakes up around 4:30am for three days. The first day, i bf him and he was asleep till 7am.day two, i resettled him with a few seconds of cuddlr and some water. day three wk at 5:30, bf him but wk  one min after put down, then hard to settle to sleep in bed untill 6.Yesterdau, wk at 4:30 am again and gave him some water was in bed calmly but start ccrying as if hard to be asleep deeply.cried for one hour with minimal cuddle asleep at 5:30 and stayed asleep till 7:20 when I open curtains. Will post routine later. Thx
Liam born on 15 July 2011.reflux since one month currently on losec, better after 6ths.easy during day but turns to devil baby during nite.two feeds at night and trying to conquer one

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Huge progress with sleep training but re hard to conquer 9 mth old
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 02:35:08 am »
Will post routine later.
Thanks, seeing that routine will really help!  Do you feel like his reflux is well controlled now?

Offline welie

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 09:25:42 am »
Yes I think so.

Today's routine is like this
2:00am wk crying ,after 10 min i went in to settle.didnt bf and took 1.5 hr to settle .

5:30am bf one side

7am wk bf one side

9am some breakfast (not interested)

11am sleep

12:45pm wk

1pm lunch

4:45pm Tried to put to nap cried and refused to nap. The other days, he would fight but had a 43 min nap around this time of day.
5:45pm dinner followed by a quick bath and bottle at  6:40pm ,peacefully asleep in bed by  6:50pm
His usual bedtime  rountin is like this :

7:15 bath , bottle, bed at 8:00-815pm

Will report how the night goes .

He's been fighting pm nap for three days and today seems happy by far(5:30pm happy playing without any nap in the afternoon!)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 11:48:50 am by welie »
Liam born on 15 July 2011.reflux since one month currently on losec, better after 6ths.easy during day but turns to devil baby during nite.two feeds at night and trying to conquer one

Offline welie

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 12:41:45 pm »
Will post routine later.
Thanks, seeing that routine will really help!  Do you feel like his reflux is well controlled now?
Well  i  think  his reflux  is  under control .he hoes down easily  at 8pm  but problems settling  with naps and early nw ing .he no longer wk happily  with any naps now  and screams  with tears after  wk  ,i will  have to  hold him  for  a while  for him to calm down …could it be  separation  anxiety ?

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 12:39:35 pm »
Hi hon- So how is he settling for naps now- independently? I think sme bubs at this age can get a little fussy with the PM nap as they will be heading into 2-1 territory very soon. Can you APOP that PM nap at all? We often did the second nap in the car or the stroller. You could do it in the carrier?
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!