Author Topic: Diaper change  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Mom2Edison

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 13, 2013, 16:12:00 pm »
Hi there,

This may be a silly question, but I really need to know. :-)

When should I change my son's diaper - Right when he wakes up from his nap or do I wait until he's done eating? Diaper changes are considered part of A time, but sometimes I worry my son is uncomfortable, so I change him before he eats. THEN, my son will have a BM while he is BF or shortly there after and then I've changed his diaper twice in an hour or so.

It seems silly, but as a first time mom, I am unsure about so many things! What do you think?  Thanks!

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 17:37:33 pm »
Not a silly question at all. I tended to change really frequently with DD1, not so much with DD2! If he wakes from a nap and the nappy seems wet I'd go ahead and change. Otherwise go ahead and feed and then change. But you inevitably get times when you change them and then 2 minutes later they poo!

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Diaper change
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 20:11:41 pm »
Really not a silly question, i tend to try and wait until nearer the end of A time as its part of her pre nap routine but she does like to poop during a feed so that sometimes goes out the window!! If I've changed her just before her nap then she is usually fine until the next nap, don't know if that helps you at all! 

Offline Mom2Edison

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 13:25:05 pm »
Thanks to you both! I appreciate your help!

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 14:20:21 pm »
 :-* :-*

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Diaper change
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 14:50:54 pm »
I think you've been assured that there is not right or wrong, only to keep baby comfortable. But thought I'd pop on to say:
- I had been changing after E but found my LO brought up milk if I did this so I altered the routine and changed before instead, plus any additional times for poo (immediately after poo)
- He used to poo up to 7 times per day!!!  Seriously, I would see him poo, change him and 5 mins later he would poo again and I'd change him again.  There were days it felt like I did nothing but bum wipe.
- over time you will likely learn when your LO is using the nappy as part of his routine so will be able to gauge when is best to change.  You might also be able to work out when the best time for nappy free time is, it's good for them to have some time bare bum when possible.