Author Topic: Infrequent Watery Stool  (Read 1865 times)

Offline mvaz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 17, 2013, 13:37:57 pm »
Hello everyone!

My LO just turned 4 months has been having infrequent water stool for the past 2 weeks. I've started to formula feed him and he'll go a day without a bowel movement. Then when he has his next bowel movement, his stool is super watery, a greenish colour and has a very bad odour! I'm trying to rule out the causes... I don't think it's diarrhea because it's infrequent. I've also added 1 tsp of rice cereal to his late night bottle feeding. He doesn't seem gassy and isn't complaining. I'm wondering if this is normal! Has this happened to anyone?!

Thanks!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Infrequent Watery Stool
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 14:04:54 pm »
Was he like this on breastmilk? Which formula are you using - it could be a reaction to the formula. I would also stop the rice cereal, it's really hard on the digestive system and adding it to bottles is a choking hazard, if you are doing it to help him sleep longer it really wont.

Has he had any illness at all in the last few weeks?

Laura

Offline mvaz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 14:16:56 pm »
Thanks for the advice Laura!

No he wasn't like this on breast milk but I don't think it's the formula because I had been giving him formula as his last night feeding for a while now and he was fine. I'm giving him Similac Advance...
I guess it could be the rice cereal... I think I'll omit it in his bottle tonight and see what happens.

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Infrequent Watery Stool
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 04:39:01 am »
I agree with Laura - no rice cereal.. his digestive system isn't mature enough for it and it will just cause irritation.