Author Topic: 4 month old night feeds getting earlier  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Emami

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: 4 month old night feeds getting earlier
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 02:11:53 am »
My dd was FF, so I don't have anything useful to add to Katie's comments re BFing!  But I just wanted to say it might be an age thing.  My dd was one of those wonderful babies who sttn 12hrs at 3 months with no feeds, and I thought we were set for easy nights forever more lol.  But right at 4 months she started waking for a NF again and it lasted about a month.  I was thinking maybe I should try to resettle since I knew she could go the whole night, but she was still so little I figured she probably needed it.  Hope your guy gives you some good long nights soon!
Emma

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 08:26:27 am »
Thank you,  that gives me hope!  My daughter was sttn at this age too so although I've tried not to,  I have expectations now!  Oh well, it doesn't last forever.  You do hear a lot about babies picking up an extra nf at around 4 months so let's hope it's that!  ;)

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 18:24:04 pm »
It is very common. Someone on here shared this article with me when my DS was around 4mo and I found it helpful... http://kellymom.com/parenting/nighttime/4mo-sleep/

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 18:50:23 pm »
Thanks.  That does make total sense.  I had to feed my daughter in a darkened quiet room at this age to get her to feed and she still wasn't interested for long.  I obviously can't do that for jack with a 3.5 year old running around.  I'm sure my supply has diminished over the last few weeks cos he's draining both sides and still crying when I stop. I'm already doing 2 feeds per A time but I think he's making up any shortfall on the bottle at night.  I guess I knew this could happen when we introduced a bottle at night but I can always combination feed for the last month like I did with my daughter I guess.

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 19:06:47 pm »
Yes, I always think this is even more applicable when there are other LOs involved.