Author Topic: Poop?  (Read 1113 times)

lilac83

Poop?
« on: August 07, 2013, 14:17:37 pm »
For the first 2 weeks dd2 was pooping at pretty much every feeding. There was never a large amount, maybe a little larger than a quarter. Throughout this week her pooping has been decreasing to 2-3 times per day. Monday she went until the afternoon when she had 2 fairly large sized BM's close together. Yesterday though she didn't poop at all. I've read that it's normal for breastfed babies to go for a few days without pooping but it generally doesn't happen until closer to 2/3 months old. Is this something to be concerned about or because she's almost 1 month now it's normal? She doesn't seem to be in any distress and is still producing wet to sopping wet diapers every 2-3 hours. She's feeding every 2/2.5 hours during the day and doing a 4 hour stretch at night.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Poop?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 21:25:03 pm »
Sounds fine to me. I've never heard it isn't til 2-3mo BF babies . I know my mws were certainly telling me that when my kids were just a few weeks old.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 23:03:44 pm »
Ahh, the worry of poop!! my DD is 7 months and its still the number one topic! I think that its very normal, my LO would go after every feed in the beginning then it kind of chilled out a bit, although she still always pooped after her night feed until she was about 4 months, which was fun!!
I always thought she was just getting into some kind of rhythm and then a week later it would all change!
As long as the colour is good and shes wetting plenty of nappies then I wouldn't worry!!

lilac83

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 02:11:55 am »
Thanks! Shortly after I posted this morning she had 2 huge poops, so I think she's cleaned out now. :)

One more non-poop related question: She is wanting to comfort nurse ALL. THE. TIME. It's getting near impossible to get her to sleep and keep her to sleep once I unlatch her. I've been feeding her on demand but I'm starting to think she really doesn't need to eat that often but just wants to suck. I assume as long as I maintain her 8-12 feedings per day giving her a pacifier shouldn't be a problem? I tried giving her a soothie but she just pushed it around in her mouth. Are there any good pacifiers to give to breastfed babies? Dd1 was formula fed and not a "sucky" baby so this is all new to me!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 02:16:28 am »
I always tried to find a soother that was a similar shape to my nipples. Masyn lived ones that playtex used to make, but I never could get Spencer to take one - she became a thumb sucker and for sure did her fair share of comfort nursing. Masyn couldnt be bothered, she was all about eating fast to get on with A time even as a tiny baby.
Heidi

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 06:52:02 am »
Mam newborn ones with a flattish top and bottom went down well here.

Yay for a poop!
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 07:27:27 am »
Audrey wouldn't take the newborn sized ones, she like the full size (6months plus) MAM ones

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 11:21:57 am »
Yeah for poop indeed!! ;D on the pacci front im of no use at all,sorry,  dd never took one but i always got advised to try latex ones but you can't get them here so never tried,  :-\