Author Topic: Introducing formula to MSPI baby (9MO)  (Read 4003 times)

stephanne2

Re: Introducing formula to MSPI baby (9MO)
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 19:53:28 pm »
Thanks everyone! I didn't have any luck finding golden syrup here--apparently it's not real common in the US. I'll have to do some googling--there's got to be some sort of alternative (or so I would think!) For now I guess I'll stick with the EBM--it's just such a waste since she's drinking so little at BT!  Tonight we're moving things around meal-wise so there's a little more distance between supper and BT, so maybe that will help, too!

If only there were a way to fix being such a poor pumper--lol. That certainly seems easier than trying to get LO to choke down soy formula she's not too fond of! But alas... I've been down THAT road before!

You all are wonderful--I appreciate the tips!

Offline Fiver

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 19:55:15 pm »
What about maple syrup?  Not sure how sweet it is in comparison to golden syrup, but might be worth a go.  I think the idea is just to get it a little sweeter and/or change the flavour a little to something slightly more palatable.
*** Amanda ***

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 20:17:41 pm »
Or vanilla essence, or your desperate you can try a bit of icing sugar or brown sugar?
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

stephanne2

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 20:34:29 pm »
I also read where some people tried a splash of apple juice? We do have plenty of that around--LO gets a couple of ounces a day to help with constipation, so she'd be familiar with the flavor without too much extra sweetness.  Think that might be enough?  I mean... it's just for a little while, right?

Offline Fiver

• Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 20:36:14 pm »
Worth a go.  What have you got to lose?
*** Amanda ***

Offline pinkladyangel

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 20:38:47 pm »
You said your a poor pumper and sorry if you've tried this alread. I used to go to a group called breast start and was told that if i felt i didnt have enough milk and bubs wasnt interested pump after each feed or an hour after a feed. Hope this helps.

stephanne2

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 22:30:44 pm »
I did try that awhile ago, but couldn't stick with it to see if it worked.  While I was pumping, LO would just SCREAM BLOODY MURDER, which I think had a negative effect on let down! :-(  For awhile I got okay results pumping at night (once she dropped all those feeds), but eventually I went from getting 2oz there to about 1/4oz after 30 minutes.  I was staying up late to pump 1/4oz and eventually gave that up last week.

Offline Fiver

• Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 19:07:57 pm »
It does become more difficult as they get older and if you don't have a regular pumping time :-/
*** Amanda ***