Author Topic: 9 week old- what is typical for a swaddlebuster?  (Read 738 times)

Offline kaynay

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
9 week old- what is typical for a swaddlebuster?
« on: August 19, 2013, 17:13:15 pm »
Our LO is 9 weeks old.
Is Ex BF, has a large bottle of expressed milk before bed between 4.5- 5.5 oz. Feeds every 3 hours in the day.
She goes down around 745/8 on her own (recently a light switch went on and she seems to go down without Patting and Sshing which we spent weeks 3-8 doing and it was getting exhausting so thank goodness for that being over).
Anyways, she wakes between 1 and 2am and then around 4 or 5am I feed her the first waking, is that typical since she doesnt DF?
Then around 4am things get wonky...help??

No matter how I swaddle now her fingers get out in the early morning causing early waking.
I just ordered a new swaddle that I hope will help for her 3rd month (Ergo Baby Swaddle- anyone heard of it?)
So I rewrap and pacy at 4ish then she wakes around 5/ 530 I feed, making it her 2nd night feeding, is that typical? 2 feedings at night for a 9 week old?
She fusses at 6 give pacy, sometimes fingers are out so I reswadde again, and lie her on her side with wedges seems to help maybe she is tired of being on her back all night.

So basically the first part of the night seems ok as long as her fingers dont get out of swaddle sooner than 1-2 am up but then I am up and on alert every hour at 4-5-6am until waketime between 7/730.
Ride all this out?
Sound typical about the Night feedings? One night she went from 8-4 without feeding I just rewrapped her at 11pm since her fingers were out and gave pacy.
She doesnt take pacy in the the day really and I dont want to use it for much longer but not sure what do to with the night wakings? When do I stop swaddling? How do we get her used to her fingers? During the day she is swaddled for naps and she is fine and she seems fine with her hands all other times and doesnt get scared with the startling reflex so not sure what to do? I feel like she cant get quiet comfortable all wrapped up after being on her back all night yet if she gets her fingers they bother her. HELP??

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: 9 week old- what is typical for a swaddlebuster?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 21:37:58 pm »
Hugs for the nw's.  I think that her feeding schedule is normal for such a young baby.  I haven't heard of an ergo swaddled but looked it up on line and it looks really good.  At this age, I swaddled both of my babies and I do think it helped their sleep.  I would see how she does with the new swaddle wrap (they are much better than just a swaddle blanket).