Author Topic: When did you stop the bottle?  (Read 4413 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: When did you stop the bottle?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 11:15:14 am »
At 12 months we stopped morning bottle and changed to sippy cup with breakfast, DS used to only take a couple of oz but now at 15 months will take about 4oz plus milk in cereal. Still has BT bottle he loves it, I love so I'm in no rush its a nice calming end to our day :-) always do teeth afterwards.
Just do what you want and feels right, like prev posts have said they are only babies for a short time and as long as not running about with it no harm done for now.
Zoe

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: When did you stop the bottle?
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 11:17:21 am »
You might find she is happier to take more in the morning if she has less in the evening. Also all dairy solids count so if she is happy to have yoghurt, cheese, cheese sauce or white sauce, rice pudding, milk puddings etc then all these things count too.  The way I weaned it there is still the full offer of milk, yes it did reduce the quantity through taking it in a sippy cup but if your LO really needs that milk intake she will take it through the mix of both sippy and bottle offered in the evening.  You need to be comfortable with your choices though. Like many pps have said they have kept the evening bottle longer. It's up to you x