Author Topic: Sleeping more through the night but earlier wake up time (3 month old)  (Read 640 times)

Offline CMS7

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My 3 month old (adjusted age 2 month) had a pretty good EASY routine, usually I woke him up at 7am, and he would feed at 7/10/1/4/and a bit before bed at 6.30/7. Then I would wake him to feed at 10.30pm and he was sleeping until 4am ish to eat again. With about 1hr 15 of activity time before napping. And 1 hr 15 - 1 hr 30 nap times. He's always been good at napping if I make the effort to do wind-down time and catch him as he starts to get tired and not overtired. He usually goes 3 hours between feeds but sometimes (if he's sleeping) will go to 4 during the day. I tried a few days keeping him at 3.5hrs between feeds but he was not happy about this at all!
The past two nights he hasn't woken at 4am ish but has woken around 6am and wants to eat (obviously!) and get up properly.
I don't really want to get up at 6am and was happy with the 7am wake and resultant feed times, but now he's waking up at 6am because he's sleeping through and it affects the rest of his eating times too.
I have to feed him at 6am and can't push him off til 7am because he is definitely very hungry!!! Sometimes he goes back to sleep but then is basically feeding at 6am, going back to sleep around 7am and staying asleep til 10 (or sometimes 9). Which is a pretty big morning time nap.
What should I do in response to his 6am wake up time? Is there anything I should be doing to ensure it ends up at 7am eventually?
Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you.

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Sleeping more through the night but earlier wake up time (3 month old)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 12:44:01 pm »
Personally I would set my alarm for 4-5 am and do another 'dreamfeed' so you get that extra hour in the morning. It may push back to 7am in time, but he's so young, and I wouldn't want to get into the habit of a 6am start to the day.