Author Topic: Sample feeding Schedule for 8 month old  (Read 2392 times)

Offline snhill

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • Becoming Madre
Sample feeding Schedule for 8 month old
« on: August 28, 2013, 14:56:36 pm »
I was wondering if anyone who is spoon led weaning and making homemade food could offer a sample feeding schedule? I have run out of ideas on what to make my little one. 

I'm not particulary interested in what time (though it wouldn't hurt to see what everyone else is doing) but more of what others offer for breakfast lunch snacks etc.

Thanks in advance!

Offline <Catherine>

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 149
Re: Sample feeding Schedule for 8 month old
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 16:19:57 pm »
Bumping for you :)
Catherine x

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 19:44:09 pm »
Hi,

Sorry you haven't had any replies yet x

I mainly followed Annabel Karmel books when weaning as she gives you loads of recipes and food ideas.

Here is a link to a meal planner

http://www.annabelkarmel.com/food-parenting/meal-planners

and some recipes

http://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes

Good Luck experimenting!

Offline BeeAnn

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 07:38:31 am »
Hi

My DD is 8.5 months and we do:

Breakfast - porridge mixed with fruit puree, or banana and toast, or weetabix and fruit puree, or scrambled egg and toast, and possibly a few cheerios as finger food

Lunch - an annabel karmel meal (buntybear posted some good links) containing meat e.g. chicken with sweet potato, chicken with apricot, beef casserole, bolognase sauce.  Then a fromage frais for dessert

Dinner - veg maybe with fruit e.g. carrot, sweet potato, butternut squash, apple, potato etc.  I just mix and match whatever I have frozen.  Half a pouch of fruit puree for dessert (plum baby or ella's kitchen).  Some kind of finger food e.g. steamed carrots, stewed apple, broccoli.
I have also tried her with a dairy lea sandwich.  Going to try some string cheese soon I think

In the last day or two I have decided to swop lunch and dinner so that the protein meal is last thing at night as she has been waking around half five and I think she may be hungry and having a growth spurt.  This morning she woke up just after six - dunno if that was related or not!!

Does that help?  Let me know if you wanted to know something different.  What kind of things do you do for your LO.

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 09:42:02 am »
We used annabel Karmel too! Some of her 9-12 meals worked well as family meals too!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 17:30:29 pm »
In the last day or two I have decided to swop lunch and dinner so that the protein meal is last thing at night as she has been waking around half five and I think she may be hungry and having a growth spurt.  This morning she woke up just after six - dunno if that was related or not!!

Great idea! We always add more protein if he seems hungrier then normal. Think it helps keep you fuller for longer?