Author Topic: Do you DF when ur baby is sick?  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Missxiii

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 02, 2013, 00:04:57 am »
My LO is 13 weeks old and 14 lb. Now she has a cold, runny nose and a lot of buggers, but no fever. For the last two nights we just let her sleep through the DF not to disturb her sleep ( we figure she will wake up is she is hungry) and both night she skept the NF and went straight until 5:30am (since 7:30pm). Adding up to just 5 feeding and about 19-21oz in 24 hours. Is that enough? Should I DF tonight?  She has never been a big eater max 25oz in 24 hours and she is peeing and pooping the same as before. Any advice please!!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:10:02 am by Missxiii »

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Do you DF when ur baby is sick?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 13:45:26 pm »
If she is having plenty of wet nappies etc then let her sleep if you think she needs it. She will wake if she is hungry and providing that you are responding to hungry cues she will be fine. She may need to make up for it during the day, so make sure there is more than she normally takes in her bottles and again, follow her hunger cues.

She may be not so hungry because she is feeling unwell, if mine fed less due to illness they generally made up for it when they were better!

Hope she's feeling better soon.

Laura