Author Topic: Going on 10.5 months of Night Wakings and starting to PANIC! Going back to work!  (Read 882 times)

Offline Cebaker

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Have I created a monster? My 10.5 month old son is a chronic night waker.  I try try try to keep him on the big EASY and should note he is an undiagnosed reflux baby (but much much less so now....but then again I'm breastfeeding less too...but he still always spits up after bf'ing)

Anyhow...here's a typical day. E,A,S,A,E,A,S - where am I going wrong?? Why the nightwakings still?

w:6:00-6:30 and breastfeed
6:30-7:30 - he plays while I'm prepping breakfast and organizing 7year old daughter for school
7:15-7:30 - eats...a combo of Cheerios, scrambled eggs, toast, fruit, water
7:30-9:30 - activity - clean him up, change him, he plays and crawls around while I'm getting myself and daughter ready to go, school drop off, come home, tidy up, etc
9:30-11:00 - sleep (no breastfeeding)
11:00 - wakes up, breastfeed for a bit
After his morning nap we will usually run errands or the following (lunch is almost always at home though:
11:00-12:00 - activity - play together (or run errands)
12:30 - Eat lunch
12:45 - activity. More play
1:30- sleep/nap (1 hour) (no breastfeeding)
2:30 - I wake him so we can pick up my daughter from school.
3:15 - home....snacks, activity, play, prep dinner,etc..
5:15-5:30 eat
6:00-6:30 start bedtime routine
6:30-7:00 breastfeed, sleep
10:00 - wake...wants a cuddle, easy to put back down (no feed)
3:30 am - wake...wants a cuddle and seems hungry, I feed him (he eats) and he goes back to sleep easily...BUT...this breaks up my sleep and I'm exhausted by the morning.....

Notes: he loves his soother and needs it for settling to sleep), he sometimes wants to breastfeed before naps (and I only very rarely give in), he is not a huge baby (50th percentile).

Hope someone out there can help!

Offline PaulsMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Hi there  and welcome to BW. 

Hugs for the nw's.  I know it's tough when you have had nothing but broken sleep for 10+ months. 

Ok, a couple of things come to mind...  Wrt the routine, he may be headed to the 2-1 but at the moment he may not be ready to go to one nap.  You may want to try to bump out his first A so he naps between 10 and 11:30 and then try for a CN after your schools run.  I'd cap the 2nd nap so he stays on track with his bt. 

Wrt his reflux, is he on any meds?  Are there any issues with him eating solid food?  How is his appetite?  If he's taking a full feed at 3 am, he may need it. 

Do you think the paci is a prop or a comfort item?  Is he able to re-plug himself at night?

Regarding the 10 pm nw, is this habitual?  If yes, you might want to try wake to sleep and see if that solves that issue.  Here's some info one W2S How to address habitual wakings (w2s and other methods)

HTH