Author Topic: My 10 month old has insomnia, help!!!  (Read 908 times)

Offline Kcassidy01

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 18, 2013, 09:48:41 am »
Hi, so my 10 month old Daughter has slept through since she were 8 weeks! However, since turning 10 months she has decided she no longer wants to sleep.

She will not go to bed until 10 sometimes 11pm and wakes up throughout the night ranging from 1-10 times and then up for the day between 6.30am and 7. yesterday she was up at 7am and went to bed at 10.30pm with only a 40 minute nap during the day!!! 12.50-1.30pm at nursery.

She is not crying or wingey during the awake time, she is happy and wants to play! apart from when she wakes up in the night.

Saturday, she was awake till 5.30am! WIDE AWAKE!! I am a single parent and work and it's killing me!
Thanks, Cassidy :-)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: My 10 month old has insomnia, help!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 10:35:08 am »
Wow :o ouch and poor you!

She sounds like she must be very overtired now, that's not a lot of sleep at all.  What was your routine that was working previously?  How long has sleep been disrupted now?  Is there anything you can think of that triggered the change e.g. Teething, missing a nap on a day out, changes in the family, starting nursery?

Does she usually go to sleep independently?  What is she doing from the time you try to put her in bed until she sleeps and what do you do in response?

Hopefully we can help with a bit more information as I'm sure you both need some better sleep!