Author Topic: Outings and messing up EASY schedule  (Read 1803 times)

Offline MarciaMSPT

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
    • DIY Home Health Physical Therapy
Outings and messing up EASY schedule
« on: October 02, 2013, 18:34:53 pm »
Hi...

My 15 week old DS is transitioning from an almost 3 EASY to a 3:15 EASY...  We live out in the middle of nowhere and I would love to be able to take him here and there but wondering how that will mess up his routine.  My biggest worry... if he catnaps in the car, he WON'T go down for a nap. period.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks in advance :)

With God all things are possible!

Offline *happy*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
Re: Outings and messing up EASY schedule
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 18:48:46 pm »
We are fellow live-in-the-middle-of-nowhere-ers!
Honestly,i didnt venture out too much when we were
STing,but once i was happier with how things were
going,i used to time it so that we would be travelling
for 1 of her naps&she would CN in the car.
I used to try to do 2days at home &1day out,to help with
the STing.
It kept me sane!

Offline MarciaMSPT

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
    • DIY Home Health Physical Therapy
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 19:07:30 pm »
Good to hear... and welcome to the middle of nowhere!  I moved to the middle of the woods in Indiana from Southern California!  BIG change...but that was 11 years ago... just not used to being home all. the. time. now.  :):)

I'm trying to figure out my "problem" nap and shoot for leaving at naptime so my DS gets at least a good 45 min CN while on the way... then activity (for me... shopping etc or even the park although we have closer parks than that!) and eat around schedule time, more activity and then leave for last nap time for another CN on the way home.  If I drive slow enough I can stretch things out to about an hour or a little more... we live on a gravel road with 2 miles of it before pavement... not sure if that makes or breaks things with my little guy yet... he used to fall right asleep on it, now is wide awake but could just be timing and at that time I wasn't too aware of the timing issue.

Thanks for input!  I'm a first time mommy and my little guy is adopted since birth... I just don't want to "ruin" things that I've struggled to establish with him but I also don't want to ruin him by keeping him here all the time :)  It's been suggested that his difficult nap times may be undertired... so thinking this travel bit through in my head to venture out.

:)  Thanks! :D
With God all things are possible!

Offline *happy*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 19:41:54 pm »
it's so hard isn't it?i moved from suberbs to country.....like i said, initially, i was happy enough to hang around at home-i was getting to know DD, getting established with BFing, STing etc etc....but wow....there are so many times-even now-that i wish we lived closer to *anything*!!!!!just to be able to get out without having to factor in naps would be amazing....i've still not made my peace with it...can you tell?!?!?!
but, for both our sakes, i do try to gett out with her when i can, & did when she was little too.it often meant that there was a scramble to get her up, out of the cot, into the car & on the road fast, & lots of clock-watching to keep an eye on when i'd need to be packing up to get her back into the car for the nap etc etc, so it was a little stressful, but good for us at the same time, kwim?!