Author Topic: Easy for a 3 week old....help help  (Read 905 times)

Offline babynap24

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 14, 2013, 18:29:51 pm »
Does anyone have a easy for 3 week old. I feed him, keep him awake for a diaper change, and play, and watch for sleep cues.  I bring him to his room for diaper change and put on soft music. I hold him for few minutes and  pat him. He doesn't like shush pat. When he is drowsy, I put him in his crib and he screams. I pat him while he is laying down in his crib. That doesn't calm him. The minute I pick him up and pat him, he falls asleep. I put him in his crib and again screaming. I have been doing this for 3 days. Help?  He sleeps at night....I feed him and he falls sleep and wakes every 3.5 hours

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Easy for a 3 week old....help help
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 03:06:24 am »
There is absolutely nothing you are doing wrong, the only thing you need to do is not stress so much.  I also worried about my baby being able to self-sooth when he was only 3,4,5 weeks old and all the ladies here just reminded me that when they're that little, it's really not important or even possible.  Your LO is only 3 weeks old so if you need to hold them to put them to sleep, go for it.  When they're this little, the only thing that really matters is that you learn to listen/look for the different cues.  Over the next few weeks go ahead and walk, rock, sling, sing your LO to sleep, it doesn't matter one bit.  Just enjoy your baby  :)  My DS is 3 months old now and he learned how to self-sooth at around 2 1/2 months.  Like any other skill we learn, it takes time.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Easy for a 3 week old....help help
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 02:04:16 am »
Totally agree! Enjoy your newborn :)