Author Topic: tips to stop windshield wiper  (Read 1700 times)

Offline mommybear!

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
tips to stop windshield wiper
« on: November 18, 2013, 15:12:15 pm »
My lo is about to turn one.  She seems to like to push her food off the tray now like a windshield wiper.  Any suggestions on how to discourage?  I try to talk to her and remove extra food but other than that I was wondering if there are any other tricks.

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 15:27:16 pm »
The best trick I found was to remove food. Give one bit at a time. Helped it pass quicker. Both mine used to chuck their food as they had a mouthful in.

Offline goldmom

• Showing Appreciation 23
Re: tips to stop windshield wiper
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 17:33:34 pm »

We tried to teach DS how to move his food to one corner if he didn't want it, so he didn't have to throw it overboard. So after he threw it off, I would pick it up and put it in the corner of his tray and tell him that if he doesn't want it he should put it here.

You could also startto take her out of her highchair when she starts throwing food, to let her know this isn't appropriate eating behavior.

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: tips to stop windshield wiper
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 11:13:02 am »
We have the high chair up to the table often and encourage him to put it onto the table in front when he's done/ this actually works quite well. Although when he's AWAY from the table he still will at times move the stuff off the front of the tray! (not so much now..  but used to)
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!