Author Topic: early wakings---pls help:)  (Read 822 times)

Offline mommytogabriel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 28, 2013, 15:01:22 pm »
Hello Everyone!

I was hoping someone could help me. My little boy Gabriel is 11weeks old and is doing fairly well on EASY. However, sometimes he wakes early from naps (yes, can be OT OR UT) Nonetheless, usually i would pick him up and rock him back to sleep, but he would usually wake up few minutes later. My question is, suppose we are an hour away from him next feed and hes awake will not go back to sleep with me rocking him, what do i do with him? I get frustrated because ill spend an hour trying to rock him back to sleep, all the while hes been awake. Thus, by the time we get to his next feed hes been up an hour already....

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: early wakings---pls help:)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 12:58:36 pm »
If you can't resettle him (often the way if UT, rather than OT, but some won't resettle whatever) then after 15-20 mins I would just give up and carry on with A time before E.  Then after E do a short bit of A time, perhaps just a nappy change and settle him down for a sleep again.  It's not at all unusual to have to do EASAEAS at this age - as long as you are avoiding feeding to sleep then it's not a problem :)