Author Topic: 2-3 hr nightwakes  (Read 2346 times)

Offline twogirlsmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • aka Brennasmommy
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 18:42:29 pm »
So last night was the best night so far as in I only had to help once but she moaned and tossed and turned all night.  We went to see the ped today.  Good news: Nothing wrong, bad new: nothing wrong.  He did say that a lot of the symptoms I was listing could be from heart burn/silent reflux and that they could turn up this late in the game so he gave me a prescription for zantac and we are going to try it.  As he said if it works great if it doesn't we have ticked off another box and will revisit in 2 weeks time.  So at least I am feeling supported in this and not like a crazy overtired loony :)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: 2-3 hr nightwakes
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 01:08:05 am »
Hugs, I think your ped is great :) definately worth trialling. Did he put her on a reasonable dose for her weight? Often Zantac has to be the max dose to be effective, particularly at this age. Keep in mind to if it does make a difference that with every 500gm-1kg weight gain the dose will need to be adjusted.

If you can, elevate her cot too (I know at this age it's sometimes not appropriate, my boys were all over the cot ::) ), try smaller feeds closer to BT, maybe a split feed, and minimal solids close to BT too. You can give pain meds too if things are really bad, but IME they just take the edge off, that is all. This is why you think - can't be pain, it makes no difference :P

Fx it helps, you should see improvement within a week xx
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline twogirlsmommy

• aka Brennasmommy
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 13:31:17 pm »
So dd2 now has the cold that dh and I had so she cannot breath out her nose poor thing.  We have been on the zantac since Wednesday and we are still having NW's.  Last night they were due to gas as she was tooting while in bed with me (yes she ended up in bed with me, the first time she didn't sleep and we just go all the gas out 3 hrs later she ended up in bed with me sleeping lol)  She hates the taste and where as I see a difference in the reflux symptoms in the day its not helping at night so I don't know if I should continue.  We have gas drops and we have started to give them separately of the bottle (use to give them in bottle) as she is not finishing a bottle so I'm not sure how much she is getting.  She did finish her first bottle and burped twice so I guess the meds could be working on one end now I just need to figure out the other?

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 18:38:46 pm »
Mmm is she intolerant to dairy soy or wheat.. .T behaves like that when he's got an irritable gut. :-\ reflux OS a symptom of an intolerance too YK...
***Sara***

Offline twogirlsmommy

• aka Brennasmommy
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 18:59:24 pm »
She's been on a sensitive milk based formula since birth.....have trialed yogurt but she hasn't had any recently.  I have been introducing bread and the like but not at dinner time mostly in the mornings so that if it is hurting her I would know?  Soy I have no idea :(  I have no idea what we eat that has soy in it or not :(

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 22:43:24 pm »
Well I'm not sure really about timings accept that intolerances aren't like allergies. They can take up to 20 hrs to show themselves, sometimes days even! Also, the build up, so it could be a little bit of wheat was ok, but as she consumed more her body struggled to digest it. Often discomfort from food reveals itself at night. It's certainly worth considering if your at your wits end. And these days alternative breads, pasta etc are easy to come by these days for a trial period YK?

Hugs, it's so hard when they are up all night. Hope you get some relief soon hun
***Sara***