Author Topic: 10 month old still NW hungry since changing to Neocate EW's too :-(  (Read 1809 times)

Offline kmalbin

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi eveyone, ive been on this site for a while now and had some fab help.  Im looking for a bit more advice pls. My DS is 10 months old, he was a fab sleeper until he got bronchiolitis at 4 mnths then chicken pox then hand, foot and mouth which upset his tummy quite a bit. He has finally been diagnosed with CMPA and was put on nutramigen and it sorted him right out, he was STTN and everything, for 2 weeks :-( then the diarrhea started again, NW, EW the lot, so hes now on neocate which has sorted his tummy but he has started NW again for a bottle, ive limited it to 1 b4 i go to bed and then its just water as i know he can STTN without any? Hes also started waking for the day at 5:30 and i have no idea why, its not hunger as when he has his first bottle at 7am he doesn't drink it all so im lost with this one.

ive started to extend his A times as ive been reading other posts and seems this could be the reason, but its not made any difference as yet.

the last 2 days have been like this

BT 6:30pm
NW 1am bottle 5oz
NW 3am
EW 5:30 up for the day (limited a)
7am bottle 4oz
8am porridge
9am S (1 hr)
11am bottle 4oz
12pm lunch (sandwich, fruit maybe a biscuit)
1:30 S 1.5hr
3pm bottle 6oz
5pm dinner roast chicken and veg
6pm bath, BT routine
6:30-6:45 BT
NW 1:30 bottle 5oz
EW 5:30
7am bottle 3oz
8am porridge
9am S 1hr
11am bottle 4oz
12 lunch
1:30 S 1.5 hr
3 pm bottle 5oz
5 dinner veggie nuggets croquets, peas
6 bath
7 BT
12 bottle 5oz
NW 3:30
EW 5:30 fell asleep at 6:35 till 7
7 bottle 3 oz
10 s

can u see where were going wrong? Oh he also has a bottle at BT 6oz.

DS is crawling, cruising and taking first steps unaided, he also sits etc. No sign of teeth as yet. TIA x

Offline goldmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
Re: 10 month old still NW hungry since changing to Neocate EW's too :-(
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 15:22:28 pm »
Oh, your poor LO was sick so much. Hugs for all that.

Your schedule looks similar to my DD's (same age), except we start our day at around 6:30, so everything is shifted later by 1 hour (naps at 10 & 2:30), but we have the same BT, at 7; possibly you need an EBT to avoid OT on those EW days.

For the night feed, we only recently dropped ours. She was taking only 3 oz, which we gradually reduced to 2, then 1, and were able to up some of her day bottles instead (she was/is a notoriously low drinker, and only does slightly better now that she is STTN). Since you are getting a smaller bottle in the morning, I would try to reduce the number of oz you are giving in MOTN, and see if that starts making a difference.

Hope you LO stays healthy and feels good.

Offline kmalbin

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 19:57:36 pm »
Thank you.

Yes he has been through it bless him but touch wood hes been ok for a couple of months now :-)

I will try reducing the feed, he just seems so hungry when he drinks it :-/  If i give him just water he downs that too!

Will try EBT on those days, do u think it could be overtiredness thats getting him up early?  Does the schedule look ok to you? x

Offline goldmom

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 20:28:34 pm »
DD also sucks more at night, cuz she's more relaxed, but she easily took less in her bottle and resettled nicely in MOTN when we started reducing hte amount. Since your LO is only taking 3 oz in the morning, I'd say he's not starving in MOTN that he needs as much then as he's been taking. So I would try reducing the amount and see if that helps. Just an oz less every few nights.

Your schedule looks good, we're very similar. It's hard to know what causes the EW. If we do get an EW I would still try to keep DD sleeping until as late as I could and try to hold off the first nap until her usual time if I could (10), or as close to it as possible (9:30/9:45). That has helped us hold off EWs. DD occasionally also does a 4 hour A time at the end of the day (after bad naps), but I can tell she's getting tired, so I try to put her down earlier, but only 15-30 minutes (since she can do 3.5 hours A).

Offline kmalbin

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 14:01:12 pm »
Is it normal for them to do longer A time later in the day?  i find DS seems to be happier for longer in the evenings, if hes had a good morning nap that is.  After posting about bad nights he actually slept thru till 6:40am but last night he was up 3 times again, and its wasnt for a feed as he didnt drink much. I thought he had a good day yesterday, good naps, good amount of food etc but no, weve still not cracked it :-(

So do u think, even if hes up at 5:30 to hold off his first nap till 10ish?  Will he not become OT? x

Offline goldmom

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 14:27:27 pm »
If  you've been going 5:30-9 for a morning A, I would first try 5:30-9:30 to see how that goes.

DD can have a horrible afternoon nap, and still be mostly ok until her usual BT, so longer afternoon A's are possible. There are plenty of LO's who do a long morning nap and a shorter afternoon nap.

Offline kmalbin

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 18:07:44 pm »
Hiya, I'm still having probs, even more NW, EW are getting better though.  He seems more tired now hes sleeping later in the morning and A times have become shorter again.  He's also starting having dirty nappies 4-5 times a day again, do you think it could be the Neocate is no good for him either?  It did cut down to once a day?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 00:06:32 am »
Hi hun, I guess it's hard to know. What does your doctor say?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline kmalbin

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 09:25:16 am »
Nothing yet, he has an appt 28th, no rush hey! Hes poorly now too so no chance atm lol! Is there a thread for dealing with illness? I mean as in getting to sleep and dealing with nw etc? X