Author Topic: short naps/still waking for 3am feed?? easy??  (Read 2348 times)

Offline mimi21

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: short naps/still waking for 3am feed?? easy??
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 19:33:12 pm »
Very pleased. Shes done very well, she woke at 2hrs 20. So 4 hours in total for sleep is average?? She had a good day yesterday two 1hr40 minute naps.
She went down tonight with no fuss tonight without me sitting with her.

Tomorrow will be hit and miss with sleeps as out all day but back to it Friday!

Thanks for your advise.

Offline mimi21

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 07:20:03 am »
Still we have several nw last night from 2:30 And then throughout until she came in with us at 5.
We've dropped the feed and she doesn't seem to miss it. She's not complaining that much just awake.

Her naps are much better and she settles on her own, why the nw?

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 19:28:38 pm »
Hi Mimi, how are things going?  Please do feel free to post a current or recent EASY if you're still struggling and I'd be happy to take a look :)

Offline mimi21

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 07:28:57 am »
Hi,

Things aren't going great to be honest....she is awake several times during the night, some nights worse then others...some nights she wakes we can pop her dummy back in and she goes back off, other times she cries even tho she has her dummy and I have to sit with her to get her back off.
She is then so tired in the morning we struggle to get to 2 hours A time before she falls asleep sitting up on my lap. She'll then have 30/40 minutes. I've then been keeping her up till 11:30/12 before putting her down again to fit in with school run
But she will only have 50 mins top. I managed yesterday to get her up and sfterv15 mins awake she finally gave in and had another 30 minutes.
She was then awake till bed at 6 as she can't stay up any longer.

So our easy has been
Awake 5:30/6
Up at 6/6;30
Sleep at 8/8:30 for 30/40 mins
Sleep at 11:30/12 aiming for her to sleep till 2/2:30
Bottle at 6 she usually falls asleep on this.
I wake her enough to put her down.

She settles for naps in her own. Its just a viscous circle.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 20:35:49 pm »
I think probably you need to push her to stay awake longer first thing, get to 3h consistently and get the nap to 9am earliest :-\ it will be seriously hard if her nights aren't good but I think until you do it you're going to continually struggle with her being OT by bedtime :(. You could consider doing a day or two of super early BT ie 5pm to see if it helps her catch up a bit?  Sometimes LO will actually sleep better and longer with the early BT, I know it sounds counter-intuitive but it can really help some LOs get out of a mess.  I'd only do it one or two days at a time though so you don't end up with 5pm becoming the norm.  What do you think?

Offline mimi21

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 21:42:05 pm »
Well today nap 1 was 9:15 she was awake from 6:15ish, it helped as we had to make a quick dash to doctors for DD1 but she still then only slept for 40 minutes, I tried the usual, patting, cuddles but she was having none of it.
She then had about 40 minutes in the car and shops and another 30 minutes on the way home.
She was awake then from 2:20 until bed at 6:15.

I will try and push her in the mornings but she gets very upset as she's tired and this morning couldn't settle herself as she was too tired.

Despite the short naps apart from the morning she's very happy.

Offline mimi21

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 09:35:19 am »
Do you think these night wakings are OT??
If so is it worth me throwing the two naps out the window and try letting her have as many catnaps as she wants, but keeping her awake after 3pm for a few days so she can catch up??

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 19:36:32 pm »
That could work....but for us I always found getting some proper restorative naps in the day actually helped more with getting rid of OT.  If she's shattered first thing how about letting her have her first nap as soon as she's ready just as a one-off (2.5h A or so) and hope it's a decent length, then shoot for 3h A before second nap, then if it's more than 3h to a reasonable BT allow her a third catnap that day?  We did need to go back to 3 naps sometimes when it all fell apart a bit so don't be scared to do that if she needs a catch up.

Is it feasible for you to stay in for a day or two so she doesn't keep having catnaps in the car?