Author Topic: 2 week old and feeding  (Read 1518 times)

Offline macsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
2 week old and feeding
« on: January 13, 2014, 14:32:30 pm »
Dd is just coming up to 2 weeks she was 10lb 8 oz at birth, I am bottle feeding she is on aptamil stage 1 milk and feeding every 3 to 3 .5 hrs but only takes maximum 2.5 oz this is new to me the others were all hungry babies and could drain 5 oz by now.......my other issue is dd being sick she will literally vomit out of mouth and nose all of what she has taken but only once per day ::) I am confused when she is sick I haven't done anything different,
My other children have all had issues dd1 was put on soya milk at 1 month due to projectile vomiting up after most feeds and that sorted that and the other 2 have all had reflux, but my new dd doesn't really show any signs of reflux at other feeds she is barely positing at all, I just add she has a bad case of oral thrush which is just starting to clear......

Anyone any ideas
Emma
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Offline cocoisland

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 20:54:51 pm »
Hi Emma

I'm fairly new here but wanted to share my experience - my two have both been very different weights but neither hungry babies. Ds1 was 9lbs 1 at birth but never took more than 5oz even at 6 months old. Ds2 is 15 weeks now and was 7lbs 13; he has only been taking 5oz for a few weeks. Despite this they have both gained weight fine so I wouldn't worry unless there is a weight gain problem, she will take what she wants and up it when she is ready.  :)

Re the vomiting, has she any other symptoms? Is it always the same feed at the same time or different feeds? What has she been doing before or when she is sick? Ds2 has a posterior tongue tie and a tendency to take in a lot of wind when he feeds and has brought back large amounts because of this. Putting him in his car seat after a feed has made him very sick too I think by putting pressure on his little tummy. It can look like a lot more than it is when they're sick so it may not be all of her feed although it might look like it. Although she doesn't have reflux symptoms they can also have silent reflux which can make them sick only occasionally - does she seem comfortable during and after feeds? You could maybe try comfort aptamil if it persists? Hth x