Author Topic: 1 fussy feed  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Laurenrobbo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
1 fussy feed
« on: January 23, 2014, 20:58:59 pm »
Hope this is the right place - not sure it should go under feeding or EASY

So my LO is 15 weeks, fed on Nutramigen, during the day feeds pretty much on the 3 hour mark, takes 6oz per feed (sometimes he starts to fuss, but if I take him to his room he will usually finish the bottle!), has no DF, and wakes for 1 NF (various times).

So my question is for the last 3 days his 1600/1630 bottle he has started drinking like he normally would at any other feed but will stop with either 4oz or 3oz left - nothing I try will get him to take it so he ends up missing this bit of milk? any suggestions as to why?

As for the rest of our EASY schedule - its not great as his S is very low so often his day is

AEASAEAS and so on! So he is defo OT

I'm working on the napping but my god is it hard work!

thanks
L

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 1 fussy feed
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 18:31:37 pm »
Maybe he needs 3.5 hours between bottles now, especially by the end of the day. As he is 15 weeks you will be working towards a 4 hour EASY now so I would start pushing all the bottles to 3.5 hours and you should find that he eats better and will need another oz or 2 in his bottles.

What do you think?

Laura

Offline Laurenrobbo

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 20:42:28 pm »
I did wonder this! I was out this morning so managed to stretch him too 3.5 hours but he wS screaming for food when we got home and then rest of the day has been 3 hours again. He did seem hungrier so his last two bottles I upped an oz and he drunk up!! So will up all bottles tomorrow and try push him longer even if we only get 10 mins for now will push him on 10 mins every couple of days fingers crossed that works.

Would you also up the night feed amount ? Don't want to encourage him to keep waking if not required but I do think he would drink a huge amount at his night feed!!

That is for your reply

L x

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 20:45:16 pm »
Sounds like a plan!

I would leave the night bottle as it is, if he is taking more in the day it will help. If he starts waking earlier through hunger it may need increasing but see how he goes!

Good luck ;D

Laura

Offline Laurenrobbo

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 22:01:20 pm »
He has been waking earlier for his night feeds the last two nights bit of course he's not been taking more during the days but if not really put two and two together!! I blame the tiredness! So will be interesting to see what time he wakes tonight after having a little ore milk today and then tomorrow we'll see what happens!!

Thanks againm- it sometimes just needs a fresh pair of eyes  :)

L x