Author Topic: 7 month old habitually waking at 10:30pm  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Lifeofriley

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 27, 2014, 05:54:33 am »
Help!

How old is your child? 7 months
What’s his/her daily routine? I follow bw 6mth+ routine
What’s nap routine? Naps 2 times a day as per schedule
How long are naps? 45min-1.5hours
What's bedtime routine? Time? Bedtime is bath at 6, cuddle, bottle at 6:30,quiet time, bed at 6:45
Do you bottle or breastfed?? Bottle
How much? or how long? 5-7oz every 3.5-4 hour during day
How many wakes per night? 10:30, 4-5am
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? Crying, 15-45 min
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? Crying and fussing
What have you tried to settle?? Soother, rocking, patting bum
What do you do for A time and how long is it? Day to day, errands, play, jumperoo
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? Most crawling
Do they have a prop? If so what is it? Soother, glow worm
Do they have a lovie? Yes

Question:
My 7 month old baby started waking at 10:30pm About a week ago. At first it was every other night. Now it is every night. I have tried "wake to sleep one hour before 2 nights in a row and both nights she successfully stirs and then falls back asleep. And both nights she has woken up at 10:30 still. Am I off on the timing? Is it not suppose to work the first few nights? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:09:46 am by Lifeofriley »

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 7 month old habitually waking at 10:30pm
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 22:36:00 pm »
Hi there and welcome to the BW :)

Could she be teething at all? Does it seem like she's in pain at all? Have you recently introduced new food?

Would you be able to post her daytime routine, including feeds...something may need to be tweaked (maybe she's having too much daytime sleep? :).

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline Lifeofriley

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 23:47:00 pm »
She got her two bottom middle teeth a month ago so I don't think it's teething. The next 2 aren't until 9-10months no? We've been giving solids but all simple purées for now. Here is her schedule. Thank you for the help!!

6:30/7:00 wake up & feed (oatmeal, prunes, pears)
7:30 - activity(usually playing on the floor, some
Cartoons, jumperoo)
9:00/9:30 nap (45min-1.5hours depends)
10:00/10:30 bottle (7-8oz)
11:00 - activity (usually something out of the house)
12:00 - lunch (4-5oz puréed a veggies an fruit)
1:30/2:00 - nap (45min-1.5 hours shorter if her morning nap was long)
2:30/3:00 - bottle(7-8oz)
3:00 - activity (no stimulation toys, sitting, stacking block ect)
5:00 - dinner (solids -4-5oz purées)
6:00 - bath, lotion, pjs
6:15 - book, cuddling
6:30-6:45 - bed time, usually takes 5-15 min to fall asleep. I put her down in her crib awake

I used to dream feed but dropped it at 5.5 months because she would just wake up and only drink 2-3oz.

10:30 - wakes up crying? I have tried leaving her and she will fall back asleep for 1 min and then wake a up again and continues to do so until she is really worked up and rocking is te only thing that helps. I tried feeding her but she only takes 2-4 oz.

Thanks!

Offline Layla

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 22:44:29 pm »
Sorry I missed your post, how are things going? Is she still waking up at 10.30? Does it seem like she's in pain when she wakes? You mentioned she will fall asleep and then wake again... she seems to be eating 3 meals a day and we didn't really add dinner until 8ish months or so and it was a very small amount.  Try cutting out dinner to see if that will help and also milk is much more important than solids, so I would do milk first and solids about an hour later, including your morning meal.

Let me know how you go :)

Offline Lifeofriley

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 01:38:04 am »
Yes she is still waking! Last night she cried for an hour. I gave her some Motrin about 15 min in to see if it was pain...I don't think it is tho. I will try cuttin out dinner tomorrow. The health nurse here tolde solids first. I'll go back to trying bottle first. Thank you. I will let you know. I  trying a little later bedtime tonight too.

Offline Lifeofriley

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 16:48:09 pm »
Update: I dropped dinner, and have pushed bedtime to 6:45-7:00. That with jostling her at 10 and she no longer wakes at 10:30. How long should I jostle her for? A few more days? She is still waking tho. At random times. One night it was midnight. Last night it was 3:00am. How should I tackle those wakings? I fear leaving her fussing and her getting worked up. I go in multiple times and give her her soother. Should I be leaving her? Am I making her soother a prop? Thanks!

Offline Layla

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 02:49:28 am »
The soother sounds like a prop :-\. If you have to replug it in order for her to get back to sleep then its considered a prop. You could look at weaning it and using pu/pd to teach her independent sleep without it or maybe wait a little bit longer until she learns how to plug it in herself.