Author Topic: Breastfeeding at night  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Kasiulai

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 29, 2014, 12:35:17 pm »
My son is 8 weeks old. He feeds really well during the day BF every 2,5-3hrs for about 25 min. We odour night time routine at 6.50 bath, 7.00 till 7.30 feeding and he falls asleep in the cot.so by 8 pm he is always asleep. He will wake up about 11 pm for feed . I tried dreamfeed but he would not suck.then he wakes about 1.30 or 2.00 , then 4.00, then 5 or 5.30 . And that's my problem.at night he will only feed for 6 to 8 mins and then fells asleep. So how can I extend the time so he will sleep longer?  Any suggestions? :)

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Breastfeeding at night
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 22:32:41 pm »
He is still so small so it may just need time. You could try changing his nappy after he finishes the feed and that should wake him up more to perhaps take more milk after the nappy change?
Have you tried offering a dummy of he wake an hour after his last feed? Or settling him without feeding?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Kasiulai

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 11:57:58 am »
Hi.i tried last night to change his nappy between feeding and it seemed to work a little bit, but after 10 min total bf he would doze off again. At 5.00 I figured out that he wasn't hungry but wouldn't fall asleep. I left him to fall asleep and he slept till 7.30. Thank you for your advice