Author Topic: how long to go between feeds for a nearly 6month breastfed baba?!?  (Read 1295 times)

Offline sjwills01

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Desperate for help am trying to get my little spirited/touchy baby on to EASY I know she's nearly 6months she's been a tough one and I've done alot of accidental parenting,but I'm very sceptical about going from 3-4 hrly feeds as I was always told to "feed on demand" she quite happily goes 3hrs I'm struggling with naps and everything atm with her!!......HELP!!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: how long to go between feeds for a nearly 6month breastfed baba?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 14:48:11 pm »
It varies.  DD could happily do 4h+ at 6 months (also EBF), some babies need closer to 3-3.5h until they are taking a decent amount of solids.

Have you posted on one of the sleep boards/EASY board for help getting started?

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 15:00:49 pm »
My LOs generally were fine on 4 hourly big feeds but they did add in a little snack, towards the end of A time. So I would let them have a little feed but made sure it was not in the bedroom, to avoid confusion between feeding and sleeping.

*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline Proud Mammy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 16:54:33 pm »
We've been going 4hrs for a good while now. I still would follow his cues and "feed on demand", but if we get to 4+ hrs without a BF, then I offer a BF regardless.
Does your LO show hungry cues at that point? Do you think you could start by stretching out the time very so slightly by 15mins before the next feed? - say, 3:15 for 3 days and then, if that was going ok, stretch it to 3:30 for another 3 days, etc Do you think that could be a goer?

Offline sjwills01

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 19:03:51 pm »
Thank you for the fast replys. She does show cues, but wer in a bit of a vicious circle atm as she is in a constant state of tiredness and being overtired so tends to look for boob for just comfort! She was a snacker so have slowly got her to 3hrs and has been there for a while so so try and eek her out. I haven't as of yet posted on the sleep as I'm reading the problem solve book in the hope it's not too late to get her into a better day time routine, not easy with a 3yr old too!! A shock to the system as he slept :)

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 19:24:54 pm »
Never too late :) will look out for your posts on the sleep forums if and when you want our help x

Offline sjwills01

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 19:46:21 pm »
Thank you :)