Author Topic: 6 wk old short S long E  (Read 795 times)

Offline Mackjack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: February 28, 2014, 21:37:17 pm »
Just joining in here as I've been wondering the same thing - ds is 6wks and 12lbs and doesnt really seem hungry after 3hrs so I've also been wondering about a 3.5/4 hr ready....althoug not sure how it would work if he has a short nap....
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 18:03:29 pm by creations »

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 6 wl old short S long E
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 22:05:45 pm »
You can be flexible with the routine though taking things like short naps into account. You wouldn't automatically feed directly on WU from a short nap if it was too short a time from E but say it had been 3hrs wince E and baby is hungry because they've been more active and awake then no problem to feed early and then just go back up to the 3.5hrly feed again from there.

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 12:42:40 pm »
Sorry, what I meant was, if they have a short nap then you've got looooads of A time to get through to the next 3.5hr feed - so what's the best way to deal with that?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 6 wl old short S long E
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 18:01:16 pm »
It's ok for your EASY to be more like EASAEAS if there is a short nap. Also though LO might not make it a full 3.5hrs to the next feed if has only had a short nap. You need to count the next A time from when he woke form the nap, not when he 'should' have woken from the nap. So watch out for E and S clashing and bring E a little earlier if needed.