Author Topic: Clicking sounds when feeding  (Read 1512 times)

Offline lindseymbrown

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:25:06 am »
My dd is 7 weeks old and so far is ebf. Her latch was fine and we've been doing fairly well. However, the last week or so I have noticed that after my initial let down, although she is still sucking, she starts making a clicking sound with her mouth. I know that means she is not latched on right. I try taking her off and putting back on, however, unless I am having a let down of milk the clicking sound stays. We are using the cradle hold position and have been since birth. Any advice welcome please.

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Clicking sounds when feeding
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 10:26:42 am »
If she's feeding fine and you're not having other problems, it's fine. Both of mine did this, I worried, couldn't fix it - it was fine.

Offline lindseymbrown

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 10:56:53 am »
Thanks for your reply. We are not having too many other issues, only that she has bad wind so wondering if this is due to swelling too much air due to bad latch. Also she isn't putting on as much weight as she should, only 5oz then 2 oz the last couple of weeks. So also wondering if that is due to bad latch or even low supply? I have to weigh her weekly and next weigh check is tomorrow so I will see how she gets on.

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Clicking sounds when feeding
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 10:59:56 am »
It could be contributing to the wind but then she's the age for bad wind anyway. This is a really reassuring article about supply: http://www.emmapickettbreastfeedingsupport.com/1/post/2013/10/low-milk-supply-101.html