Author Topic: 2 yr developmental leap/growth spurt??  (Read 4602 times)

Offline Sarsheep

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 2 yr developmental leap/growth spurt??
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2014, 14:58:23 pm »
So did 12:30 nap-he slept for 2.25hr then BT at 6:30-finally asleep by 7:04-this chattering thing drives me nuts! He was up at 6! :) so did nap at 1-woke after 1.5hrs and did BT at 7-didn't go to sleep till nearly 8, NW at 2, woke at 5-resettled back to sleep till 6:20 :( I put him down today at 12:30-took a bit to settle and woke at 2:15-so gonna do early BT 6:30...... Am totally knackered and full on confused if he's OT (I think) due to early wake up-but chatters away at BT-is the coz of language development? Sorry for all questions....

Offline HenaV

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 39
  • My shining light
Re: 2 yr developmental leap/growth spurt??
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2014, 23:08:24 pm »
Lots of questions? I only spotted one! Yes ime it's was mainly down to developmental stuff but for us an element of OT. R responds to OT in one of two ways usually. Either monster like behaviour and a seeming separation anxiety and sleep time or secondly goes to bed like an Angel child and is so OT, she'll just keep chatting and end up waking earlier than she Normally would, ending up with a 10/10.5h night ( which for her is short)

Advice? Don't try and work it out, it will drive you around the bend. Easier said than done when you're in the middle of it, but having btdt, I can say it!!! Stick as closely up your rotine as he will allow and manage the OT the best you can along the way.

Hth xx
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 06:57:18 am by HenaV »