Author Topic: Bath question  (Read 4088 times)

Offline natashalil

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Bath question
« on: June 04, 2014, 02:15:08 am »
Hi there - question about bath time (its activity time right?  ;)so this is the right board?? :)

My DS is 7.5 months old and we bathe him in this tub with the infant stopper removed -
http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brands/babygear/products/45668

He can sit on his own, and is very active in general. Bath time he always tries to climb out of the tub, hangs out the edge of the tub, etc., etc.,

I am nervous to put him in the big tub, worried about him hitting his head on the tub.  But is it time to move him?  Or is there something we can do, to keep him put in the tub?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Bath question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 03:45:03 am »
We moved DD3 from a smaller tub (okay it was really a recycling bin!) to the big tub at about this age...we have a really good sticky bathmat that covers the whole bottom of the tub so it is non slip, and so far so good!
Heidi

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 03:53:41 am »
Just moving you to the Activity board!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 09:11:41 am »
We never used a baby bath so mine have been in the proper bath since birth. We had lying down support things for them when they were tiny and a seat that they sat in for a while like this once they were sitting properly. http://www.boots.com/en/Safety-1st-Swivel-Bath-Seat-Pastel_1360766/?cm_mmc=pla-_-google-_-PLAs-_-PLAs+-+All+Products

We then used a non-slip bath mat once they were out of the seat. Yes, they have both slipped once or twice despite one of us being right there with them but they were ok. We have always had toys in the bath for them to play with so that does keep them in the bath a bit better!

Laura

Offline <Catherine>

• Showing Appreciation 149
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 09:21:12 am »
We never used a baby bath so mine have been in the proper bath since birth. We had lying down support things for them when they were tiny and a seat that they sat in for a while like this once they were sitting properly. http://www.boots.com/en/Safety-1st-Swivel-Bath-Seat-Pastel_1360766/?cm_mmc=pla-_-google-_-PLAs-_-PLAs+-+All+Products
This is exactly what we did too, my 12mo has been sat in the bath unsupported for months now :)
Catherine x

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 09:28:45 am »
You can't buy those seats here anymore and they are an arm and a leg on the Canadian Amazon site - but check garage sales etc you never know (though in saying that, like baby walkers, they may be illegal to sell). I wanted one for DD3 but never did find one.
Heidi

Offline Lolly

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 09:52:51 am »
Why would they be illegal to sell? ??? I can't see what would be unsafe about them, they suction really firmly to the bath  - as in quite tricky to remove when you are finished!

Just had a look and they have them on Amazon.com for around $40 http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_15?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=baby%20bath%20seats&sprefix=baby+bath+seats%2Caps%2C338&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ababy%20bath%20seats

Here is a link to the Amazon Canada site http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_14?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=baby%20bath%20seat&sprefix=baby+bath+seat%2Caps%2C297&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ababy%20bath%20seat. The price when I tried it on a currency conversion site is only slightly more than we pay in the UK for them, £12 is about C$22.

Laura
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:01:02 am by Lolly »

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 13:28:51 pm »
It was $50 when I was looking! Sheesh!  The problem is not the seat - it is the few parents who walked away while their child was in it and they drowned - so they ban it.
Heidi

Offline Lolly

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 13:59:38 pm »
The problem is not the seat - it is the few parents who walked away while their child was in it and they drowned - so they ban it.

::) ::) ::) I did wonder if that was the case after I posted. It is daft to think you can legislate for stupidity though, those parents would have done something equally as stupid if they hadn't had that particular seat.

Laura

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 14:05:26 pm »
Lol no you cannot legislate for that but they sure try to over here!
Heidi

Offline MarciaMSPT

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
    • DIY Home Health Physical Therapy
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 17:21:01 pm »
Um... I know this might be politically incorrect but teaching our little guy NOT to stand in the tub started about 3 months ago.  He is 13 months now and knows not to but occasionally tests us to see if we really mean what we say.  In short, it's not too early to beginning teaching my LO to obey his parents... this makes for a secure child who knows his boundaries, learns to respect authority and for us, our LO is learning to love and respect his future wife by showing obedience and respect to his mommy. 

Hope that helps...
With God all things are possible!