Author Topic: nearly 6 mo waking up crying 2/3 hours after bedtiime feed every night  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Canadian Nat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0

Just wondered if anyone could let me know your thoughts.  It seems to be a habit or is it teething? 

My lo is waking up pretty much 2/3 hours after the bedtime feed (a formula bottle but is breastfed the rest of the day).  Could it be teething pain?  I give her teething granules before the bedtime feed.  So waking up 2/3 hours later crying could be because the granules have worn off and she has some pain coming back?  She sometimes wakes again another 2/3 hours later but not every night.

When she wakes crying I check nappy, usually fine, then just pick her up and she usually drops straight off again on my shoulder as she seems very sleepy even though she's been crying.  If she doesn't drop off on my shoulder I put her down and give granules again or the paci.  She usually goes back to sleep with the paci.

I just wondered whether you think I should be assuming it is teething and it'll pass, or whether it could be a habit developed somehow (don't know how), and how I should break it therefore.

Any clues?

Here is an example of the EASY she's on:

wake - 5.15am
E - 5.55am
A
S - 8.05am

wake - 8.45am
E - 9.10am
A
S - 10.50am

wake - 11.50am
E - 12.50pm