Author Topic: 8mth waking 6-8times a night. Won't settle without BF  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Frostygrrl

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
8mth waking 6-8times a night. Won't settle without BF
« on: June 26, 2014, 13:24:46 pm »
Hi

My little one wakes up multiple times a night, typically 1-2hrs with occasional 3hr.

I struggle to get her back to bed unless I hold her or BF. I mostly BF her. If I hold her to sleep the moment she transfer she is wide awake and crying. If I BF and transfer her I can rock her tummy gently and she sleeps.

I've tried rocking her tummy gently, patting the bed, and most times she would just keep crying and crying until she is so physically tired she falls asleep. Even then that could take forever. I had some success of totally taking her out of the room, playing with her for awhile and placing her back to bed and she has 50/50 chance of self settling.

But I'm so zombied at the moment, I can't go in and play with her everytime she wakes.

I'm really trying to not to feed her to asleep, but I stuck for options. Please help.

Offline katie80

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 220
Re: 8mth waking 6-8times a night. Won't settle without BF
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 15:11:04 pm »
Hi there, can she go to sleep at nap and night time without being fed? I.e. is she an independent sleeper?

I wouldn't be taking her out of the room to play with her. It is night time and she needs to know that that is time to sleep.

What does her daytime routine look like?