Author Topic: 10 week old was sleeping 9 hours and is now waking up three times a night!  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Slizified

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
So my ten week old has been a GREAT sleeper.. Until the last four nights he has been waking up three times a night - very hungry! He is breast fed, but my husband usually gives him a bottle of breast milk in the middle of the night because when he eats from me he dozes back off to sleep and doesn't get his full feed. It was working great for us and my son was sleeping a good 9 hour stretch until now! Could this be a a growth spurt? I think he is eating enough during the day. He is on the easy schedule and does well with it - usually stays awake about 1 hour and 15 minutes between naps. Some naps are only 45 minutes. Usually he has one long one somewhere. They lengths of naps are not consistent but it has not affected bedtime sleep. And I don't think that's the case here.. ? He is always happy when he is awake. When he wakes at night he has no trouble going back to sleep. Bedtime is usually around 8.

I am hoping this is just a phase! Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Hi and welcome to the BW!

Sounds like a growth spurt to me too... if he eats and goes back to sleep after the feed, I would say he needs it too :). Don't worry about the naps being inconsistent... ours were too at that age. When you feed him during the day, offer both sides so that he takes a good feed :)

20/06/2012 - my angel baby