Author Topic: Activities for one year old  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: June 30, 2014, 18:07:59 pm »
My lo just turned one! He's not walking yet but on the go crawling, standing up etc. As of now he just likes to roam around exploring and he's not too interested in toys. But the day is long. Any suggestions? Thanks

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Activities for one year old
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 18:37:04 pm »
I think your post was missed.

At that age mine loved busy boxes filled with various things. So in the kitchen we had a busy box with some safe kitchen equipment, wooden spoon, measuring cups/spoons, balloon whisk, plastic tubs etc and I think this was when he got his own kitchen which is still played with almost daily.
He liked fill and ump activities so I was always on the look out for multiples and various containers to pour into/from eg small wooden blocks he'd fill a 4pint milk carton (with the top cut off) then pour them out and repeat a zillion times. A pack of disposable plastic cups from the £ shop went down a treat for stacking into each other, as did a huge pack of multi coloured disposable straws, lollipop sticks, anything with large collections really.
Although 'toys' might not be his focus right now he might like household objects to explore.
And it's never too early to read, and read and read :)
hth