Author Topic: 27 Month Night Wakenings  (Read 794 times)

Offline ConorsMum2009

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
27 Month Night Wakenings
« on: August 20, 2014, 10:30:37 am »
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if i could ask for some advise.  Our DS2 is now 27 months, v easy going child and all round not a bad sleeper.  However the past few months he is wakening up nightly, multiple times and we dont know why.

His day is :
7am wake up
1.00 nap in buggy - could be for 1-2 hours.  However somedays he refuses to nap.
7.30 bedtime.

If he doesnt nap i bring bedtime forward to 7 etc.  He goes into his cot no bother after a hug and storytime.  Goes to sleep not a peep.  Then could wake from 10 pm onwards and again during the night.  We have gotten into the bad habit of picking him up, offering a sip of water and he goes straight back to sleep. I cannot let him cry, though i always wait for a few mins to see will he settle himself.  Its like he just wants a hug and then hes happy!! He wakes screaming for Mamma Dadda etc and does be sitting up in the cot.

Any advise on tweaks i can do?  He might go for a week and sleep through but more often than not he will wake.

Many thanks for any advise xx
Ectopic Preg May 2007, right tube removed.  DS born September 2009, DS2 born May '12

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: 27 Month Night Wakenings
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 12:23:03 pm »
Maybe try bringing bedtime even earlier on no nap days like 6:30? also do you think it could be night terrors? Is he aware when you go in? Could you leave a sippy of water with him so that you dont need to go in if he's truly thirsty?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline ConorsMum2009

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 13:09:44 pm »
yeah i might try the sippy water, though hes so used to us handing it to him!! Might be nightmares as does be crying sitting up almost confused.  Just wants comfort i suppose. 

thanks for your reply x
Ectopic Preg May 2007, right tube removed.  DS born September 2009, DS2 born May '12

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 13:55:46 pm »
The same thing has been happening with my DS who is about the same age.  He usually has a NW at least once or twice a week and he often settles quickly, but I'm not really sure what it's about.  I've pretty much told myself it's developmental or 2yr molars.

Offline Nickie18

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 16:35:13 pm »
SAme with my 28 month old- he would scream in teh middle of the night- but no night terrors. He wanted the light on and the door open and that seemed to help. he refuses to nap now and I think it is being overtired. No more night wakings with EBT but now he wakes early in the morning! I do not like this time...