Author Topic: Starting 8 month old on easy  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Iluvsb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:47:59 am »
Hi my baby has never been on a routine before and I want to start her on easy I just have a few questions:

She is 8 months old so do I do easy or eaeasy?

What do I feed her when? She eats solids but I have usually been giving it to her after breast feeding. Should I start giving it as a desperate meal?

Also she has been going to sleep very late since we traveled overseas and she hasn't adjusted properly. She's been going to sleep between 11 and 1 am. I'm nervous that if I put her to bed at 7 she'll think it's just a nap and wake up soon after. What should I do if she wakes up? Pu/pd? Or should I just put her to bed later?

We started doing pu/pd last night to get her to start falling asleep on her own without having to be rocked or breastfed.

She's has been sleeping through the night since 3 months old but had a late bedtime 10 pm and wakes around 7:30-8:30 eats and goes back to sleep till  10-11.

Please help me figure out an easy routine to start her on. Thank you!

Offline Iluvsb

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 17:35:28 pm »
Anyone?

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Re: Starting 8 month old on easy
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 20:58:28 pm »
Hello and welcome :D
A have a few questions,
what time do you want bed time and wake up time to be?
How long are her naps now?
How long she can go between sleep/naps?

I also have an 8m old and I feed her milk every 4h (7am,11am, 3pm, 7pm) and feed her solids an hour, hour and a half latter and then depending on your little one`s A time you put him down for a nap.

How was last night with the pick up/put down?

Offline Iluvsb

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 21:26:19 pm »
Hi

Thanks for your response! I guess I would like bedtime to be about 7-7:30

Last night pu/pd took about an hour and a half and then today for her first nap twenty minutes and second nap ten minutes. Tonight it took about 40 Min to get her to sleep then she woke up about forty min later and we did pu/pd again for fifteen min so she seems to be getting used to it. Also for the naps I didn't have to do pu/pd I just stayed with her till she fell asleep. And she went to bed much earlier tonight like 9:15. 

She takes about an hr and a half to  two  hr naps and goes about two hrs Btwn naps.

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Re: Starting 8 month old on easy
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 07:46:38 am »
Glad to hear pu/pd is working for you.
If you want bt to be 7.00/7.30 waking time in the morning should be the same 7.00/7.30.
Here are some very usful links that will help you work out a routine thats best for you and your lo (little one)
Starting EASY - all you need to know and more!
chronological EASY samples, 7-9 months
Sample EASY routines, 6-12 months
What are A times and how do they fit into the EASY plan?
If you think your lo will not handle bedtime so early you could try and chancing it 15 minutes at at time
maybe this can help (except you`ll nee to work moving it back instead of forward)
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=161836.0
Hope this help.